Daily Mail Article (Pep allegedly wants improved atmosphere)

Our atmosphere is very poor though.

Against anyone 6th placed or below is bordering on being a library.
I think anyone saying there isn't issue both in terms of atmosphere and the early leavers is deluded. Saying this might not go down well but I think we need to genuinely challenge for a title. I know that sounds terrible but let's face it, we've been spoilt. We had a couple of good years under Mancini where we won the cup for the first time in donkeys and then probably the best single moment watching City that any of us are likely to see. We then had a great first season under Pellegrini, a title and shit loads of goals. The atmosphere was relatively decent during those seasons but hasn't been since (although there were very slight signs things were improving at the start of this season when we got off to a flyer). I can only think that we have reached a stage where title challenges being over by February and regularly struggling against clubs where barely one of their team would get in ours doesn't cut it with the majority. I'm not being judgemental there either, if anything I'm probably judging others by my own standards. I go every home match but the last 18 months of Pellegrini turned me cold and I haven't particularly got my mojo back, as it were, this season. A decent title challenge would get the adrenaline flowing again even if it ultimately ended with the title going elsewhere.

i dont agree. we as fans have to play our part. only sing when we play well ? is that what your saying. when we were shit everyone got behind the players, but even now when we are playing well the fans still dont really get behind the team.
Agreed. When we were poor on the pitch in the 80's and 90's, It was us who would sing our hearts out to try and lift the players.

Nowadays the fans expect to be entertained before being roused into singing. Lol.

The atmosphere in large parts of the stadium is like a fucking library. Fans sat there tapping away texting shite whilst the game is on oblivious to what's happening on the pitch, many in the comfort of padded seats and an increasing number of corporates diluting atmosphere further.

Glass tunnels and match day experience bollocks. If the club arn't careful, there'll be more tourists than diehards.

Any more shit and I'm fucking it off.

so the only way for you or our fans to get behind the team is if we play exciting football ?. why was it so crap under pelle then ? we battered teams every week and it was crap other then against the big teams. we need to start playing our part swell. the singing section needs actually start singing, that would help.

It does. Unfortunately 20 fans singing non-stop under the overhang in the SS doesn't travel.

Neither does 50 fans at the front of the SS(Monaco), if 200 fans behind the 50 stand there in total silence.

Unfortunately the new and official Singing section in block 115 has been filled with fans who don't want to sing. There's nothing we can do at the back to make them sing, even though we try our hardest every home game. If those 200+ under us sang as much as we do at the back, 115 and the other blocks in the SS would make a right racket.

But we'll keep on trying. :-)

Perhaps the club should turn off the wifi during the match. That's a start. So all those fans surfing, emailing, etc, would actually follow the game and get involved in it instead.

Oh, wait a minute, the club introduced wifi inside the Etihad to improve the matchday experience.

As for City Square, Close it 20 minutes before kick off. Close the outside bars 20 minutes before kick off. Get the queues moving faster. Close the bars inside the ground 20 minutes before kick off. A picture is starting to form.

Alas, City would lose money, so they would rather have empty seats at kick off, and fans still drinking outside the ground and on the concourses.

You see, it all stems from the club. They want it both ways. But in reality all they want is money to drive revenue, don't you Khaldoon, Soriano, etc.

We're a business now, not a football club.

It does. Unfortunately 20 fans singing non-stop under the overhang in the SS doesn't travel.

Neither does 50 fans at the front of the SS(Monaco), if 200 fans behind the 50 stand there in total silence.

Unfortunately the new and official Singing section in block 115 has been filled with fans who don't want to sing. There's nothing we can do at the back to make them sing, even though we try our hardest every home game. If those 200+ under us sang as much as we do at the back, 115 and the other blocks in the SS would make a right racket.

But we'll keep on trying. :-)

having those 50 fans at the front at the monaco game did make a difference imo. it was one of our best atmospheres. i dont understand some of the people in the south stand who just stand there in silence all game. keep going with it mate. i think you just need to keep increasing numbers and it will work out.

having those 50 fans at the front at the monaco game did make a difference imo. it was one of our best atmospheres. i dont understand some of the people in the south stand who just stand there in silence all game. keep going with it mate. i think you just need to keep increasing numbers and it will work out.

It did, you're right. Hopefully 1894 can get it organized next season for PL matches. It's a shame the majority behind us didn't join in. Not saying all didn't, but plenty just stood there and watched us singing. It doesn't take a lot of effort to sing.

It did, you're right. Hopefully 1894 can get it organized next season for PL matches. It's a shame the majority behind us didn't join in. Not saying all didn't, but plenty just stood there and watched us singing. It doesn't take a lot of effort to sing.

I agree mate. i think its been a problem in the south stand for years though. imo the last time that area was good was the last game of the season against bolton a few years back now. its as if everyone that used to stand in it left or got old and grumpy haha.if you can get say 150 fans together for cup games that would make all the difference. palace only have about 40 people singing all game and look at the difference. our fans have got lazy, so its as much about changing that culture to one of singing all game.

Was the atmosphere better because of those 50 supporters or because it was a genuinely exciting game? The atmosphere was great second half v Barca too, and second half v Arsenal again very exciting halves of football with things going well for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.