Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's forget him. He isn't part of our history and he will certainly never be part of our future. There's still business to be done.

I'm not bothered we didn't get him. I think Maicon and Sylvinho made us wise enough that a foil world class player has his limit in value. Even at £150-180k per week I would baulk at that price.

Glad we move on. Good luck to him in PSG except against us.

Quality player even at his age, but it was right to walk away at that price. As for the lad himself, well 240K to live and play in Paris... Fair enough i can't blame him. I wish him well.

City as always will keep moving forward and i still expect to see very strong options on both defensive flanks signed before too long... To the Walker thread!

I always thought it was suspicious that Juve just happily cancelled his contract just because of his professed love to play for Pep again. There is definitely more to that story IMO

These are multi million pound companies that are managed as a business. They would have asked for a couple of mill just to cover the hassle

And this is an Italian club we are talking about. We know how tight they are when it comes to transfers

Yet they were just happy to give him away

Hmmmm

@moh Nah, this was part of the deal Alves was able to negotiate with Juventus on the initial 1+1 (2nd year optional) contract

They got him for free & probably didn't have to pay big wages - have to say, if you're looking for an agent perhaps going with your ex-wife can pay off

Has his move to PSG been announced officially? Once it is could we please close this thread? No need to waste more time with somebody who breaks his word.

Human nature. My honest thoughts when we were first linked with him was that he was a sticking plaster signing. I then thought it would be a good thing to sign a proven winner who has already bought in to peps style. I then heard he had done a u turn and was initially pissed off but now I think it is a positive so we can focus on a long term right back solution!

Whereas I was all over the b silva signing from the start as I have been really impressed with him at Monaco. Rule of thumb is if you ain't excited when first linked then don't sign em! Ala Delph Sinclair garcia etc
I have enough negative post on this thread to show I never really approved of it. But in fairness, that's coz I am an ageist. Bit when those who loved the idea made their argument of him coming on a free with Walker its hard to be against.

But at my core, I simply hate bringing in old players. Especially when they are coming from Italy. I was promised none of that 34 years stuff applied to Dani though. And I'd have been okay being proved wrong.

But now that he is no coming, can't say I'm.disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.