Danilo - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by bobom, 27 Jul 2017.

1. City_Sean

City_Sean

He's brilliant. He seemed to play further forward in the second half and was so good at moving the ball quickly. Really pleased we've got him.

2. Johnny_on

Johnny_on

This guy is going to be the bargain of the summer. Already played LB/RB/CB/DM.... and looked comfortable in all positions.

So composed and comfortable on the ball. He carries himself a little bit like Lakey.

I'm so impressed after knowing very little about him before.

3. Mike D

Mike D

Animal trainer in the adult film industry
    Fantasy Island 'The plane boss, the plane'
    He is one of the those players who seems to slip under the raydar. But he has everything you want in a player versality pace intelligence. ZZ dropped a bollock in letting him go.

4. Otamendi's Beard

Otamendi's Beard

A good all-rounder and a very sound investment.

I think he could definitely end up being a DF more permanently. His passing stats from the weekend and the ability to break up play are both impressive.

5. mdj0520

mdj0520

My motm. But his playing in the back 3 and in midfield does make me think we should be looking to spend some of the unspent Sanchez money on a left back in Jan. Any injury to our fullbacks and we are looking very very thin.

6. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

Danilo supposedly can cover at left-back, although that position is far from natural to him. Assuming that Danilo can nominally fit in at left back in a pinch, Alves makes sense - our transfer window, had it gone as planned, would have seen Alves join our side.

7. MarsLlama

MarsLlama

I'm 95% certain we would never have signed both Danilo and Alves.

8. Cityfan

Cityfan

Pretty sure you're right, although versatile and able to use his left foot he is not primarily left footed. Had we signed Alves our next defensive signing would have been to cover the left side of defense either CB /Full back or preferably both.

9. Wrighty Wrexham

Wrighty Wrexham

Wow this guy is great much better than I expected, he was everywhere on Saturday think he will play more games than he misses.

10. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

+1
    For me, I didn't know what to expect and was really disappointed in his initial outing - but following this, he's been an asset to our side.