Danilo - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised we haven't tried Walker at LB and let Danilo have a game at RB. Can only assume we've given a go in training and Kyle was worse at LB than Danilo. As someone said above, wouldn't mind seeing him fill in for Dinho to see what he's like there as we need a backup for that spot and he's got the right amount of energy.
Switching Kyle left and Danilo playing RB weakens 2 positions. Not a good idea. A straight fill in for Dihno is a better suggestion.

Later in the season when he starts being rotated with Walker more I think we'll really see his value.

Would actually like to see him play in centre midfield at some point. However, until he gets match fit, he may have to play more games at right-back, though quite how we're going to rotate remains to be seen.

just what I was thinking, in the sense he's clearly here to cover other people but we're not really sure how exactly to get the best out of him when we do use him.

Not sure how to get the best out of him? How about playing him in his actual position?

hard done by I felt today, think he and Delph would probably have done better swapping roles.
Agreed Delph was far too slow in his midfield role and for me his only position in the team is as back up left back to Mendy. He has been outstanding as cover but is not good enough in our midfield as it is the same with Yaya in that it changes the entire way we play. Danilo needs to get games and holding midfield may have suited him.

Firmly on the summer "sell" list. Replace him with Maffeo. No outlay and a better player in the squad. Sorted.

Responsbile for the 1st goal

But any player can make a mistake, at the end we are all humans.

Don't get all the negativity. He's not had a run of games. In most of his few appearances he's been good. Was very good against Bournemouth when played at right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.