Danilo - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not in the camp that we should absolutely sell him this summer but if we got an offer of that value or better I would say go ahead and do it and bring Maffeo back. I think his success at Girona is the primary reason for so many fans willing to give up on Danilo already.

It’s not particularly about selling him, more the bigger picture of the squad and places. Maffeo is good enough and is club trained. It means we can swap Danilo for a natural left back. This means 2 full back for either side.

It’s not particularly about selling him, more the bigger picture of the squad and places. Maffeo is good enough and is club trained. It means we can swap Danilo for a natural left back. This means 2 full back for either side.

No I completely agree with you. And tbf the only reason Danilo is here is that Alves fucked us over. If he signed on a free my guess is we would have signed 2 LBs and Alves would only be here for another season, where we could loan Maffeo one more time and have him back for 19/20. But at this point it would make a lot of sense for us to replace Danilo with Maffeo next season if the right offer comes along.

I think he's been thrown in at the deep end a bit, in that he's been forced to play far more in a somewhat unfamiliar role and we're expecting too much out of him. A bit like Bernardo has for most of the season (for reference, Feyenoord away was the only time I think he's played in a familiar role. Bernardo that is).

I really don't know where this stuff about Danilo not being good enough comes from, he performs well, works v hard and has made some crucial covering runs and sound defensive performances, especially recently.

I hope he settles into the club because I think like Otamendi he is going to be one to keep.

I really don't know where this stuff about Danilo not being good enough comes from, he performs well, works v hard and has made some crucial covering runs and sound defensive performances, especially recently.

I hope he settles into the club because I think like Otamendi he is going to be one to keep.

He's better than most fullbacks we've ever had or who play against us.

He fucks up at times, same as all our defenders & all those who play against us.

I think he's been very good as a RB. But he's struggling both defensivly and offensivly on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.