Danilo - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played well again last night.
Would like to see him get a few games in the Fernandinho position towards the end of the season. Don't think he'd make it his own, but I think his height and willingness to attack the aerial ball would give us another option there next season.

I know some have said we should offload Danilo because of Maffeo's progression, but I think he has been an excellent signing. Sure, he cost £26.5m but when you consider we paid £50m for Walker to be our starter, that's not bad.

Danilo has been very good cover for us at LB when called upon, can be played pretty much all along the backline and even in defensive midfield (although we haven't seen much of that) and is far and away the best backup full back in the league. I do wish he would take less shots, but he's shown that he can score once in a while.

I have no clue what the plans for Maffeo are next season. I hope we do not sell him, but I wouldn't be shocked if we loaned him again (maybe to someone in the Premier League or someone like Valencia if they qualify for the Champions League). Maybe the club will sell Danilo, but tbh he absolutely deserves to stay.

He might be the starting LB against Liverpool.
Mendy/Delph aren't fit, Laporte picked up an injury and there's no way I start Zinchenko.

He has a big game in him (and a not so good one tbf). Hope he's ready.

Dread him against salah honestly believe delph is a better left back. Maybe danilo just needs a run in the team but pep doesn't seem to rate him at lb dropping behind delph, zinchenko and now laporte in the peaking order.

Dread him against salah honestly believe delph is a better left back. Maybe danilo just needs a run in the team but pep doesn't seem to rate him at lb dropping behind delph, zinchenko and now laporte in the peaking order.

Salah has been stopped by right footed LB's a couple of times this season, most recently by Ashley Young, but Aurier did the same.

I would fancy Danilo to do a job there if needed.

Salah has been stopped by right footed LB's a couple of times this season, most recently by Ashley Young, but Aurier did the same.

I would fancy Danilo to do a job there if needed.
He was excellent in preseason but hadn't look great since. Hope he plays plays out of his skin massive chance for him to prove the doubters wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.