Danilo

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it seems like we're allowing Kolarov to leave to free up funds to get Mendy across the line, so this Danilo deal must have been very much an unexpected one. Whilst his wages and other demands might not be matching Alves', it does slightly worry me that we've let four senior full backs go and only got in three - one officially and two pending - especially as the message seems to be that our budget for full backs is exceeded already. Let's not forget that last season injuries and so on forced us to play both Navas and Fernandinho at full back.

So either another forward doesn't happen, ie Sanchez, and moving also for Bertrand or whoever is not a problem, or we utilise Fernandinho again at RB, Danilo sharing RB or LB or even CM if needed, and then go for a cheaper (than Sanchez) midfield option - in which case I fully support us sticking a £30-40m bid in for Leon Goretzka as per recent reports
where was our budget for fullbacks publicised - how much is it?

I thought we let Kolarov go because he asked to

I understand your point, that how they've managed to end up making a profit of a poor signing is pretty annoying when you see us struggle - but if we're to believe what was being said both Conte & Pep at Chelsea & City wanted him, two of the richest clubs in the world being after a player will immediately make him go for decent value.

On top of that if he does end up being able to fulfill multiple roles, as say Fabinho was expected to do, would you not think £25-30m* for a 26 year old back up RB + LB + DM is actually reasonable in the current market being quoted at top PL teams?

*I'm back to that range, because as predicted the quoted prices have changed again, shock!

How are they making a profit? They paid €31.5million for him from Porto.

So, how are we being dicked over?
Coz we are paying a lot for a guy they don't want, and who wants out.

I mean Danilo doesn't have a patch on James Rodriquez. He is of on a 2 year loan with option to buy. Now that's a fair deal. We are in the other hand paying top end starter money for their backup fullback.

I don't know how else to view that.

I was replying to Dax, who said they're making a profit on Danilo; whether they're actually making a profit or losing £1m or so the point he was making is obvious. Again though, irrelevant to mine/his post. People on here are obsessed with the numbers.

Well I'm hoping he does well, which if he does, we pay an extra 5 million. So its potentially 35 million unless he sucks, which In that case, it would have been an even bigger rip off.

So I think you'd agree with me in hoping its 35 million euros, at least we'd have gained something. And Teal like earlier pointed out would have made a profit on a backup :(

I mean Danilo doesn't have a patch on James Rodriquez. He is of on a 2 year loan with option to buy. Now that's a fair deal. We are in the other hand paying top end starter money for their backup fullback.

And if we don't pay it then Chelsea will.

How much is James loan fee? What wages is he on? How much will that deal actually cost Bayern?

Very much a Guardiola signing, apparently. Hadn't been scouted extensively by us in the way our targets usually are, but Pep requested him personally after the Alves deal fell through.

I talked to Marti about him a few days back when the news broke. He said Pep scouted him intensively when he was at Porto and really really liked him a lot.

Dax, are you simply saying because they dont want him, no one else should?

Mate you think we can get Mbappe ? I think we must sign an attacker !!

Guardiola believes an attacker is a priority signing like the full backs. Even more so now Kelechi, Nolito, Navas are gone/on their way. That leaves 4 players for 3 positions unless you count Roberts, which Pep doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.