Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want that prick Walker anywhere near this club. Absolute cnut.
You can add Rose to that. Diving and feigning injury all the way through the game. To be fair the ref was aware of it (at least he got that right) and ignored him.
He does it every time I watch em. Personally think Bertrand's a better player.

I like both players and they're both an upgrade on what we have at the moment, but that's not really the question we should be asking given the amount of money they'd cost. They are both 26, which means give or take, they're about as good as they're likely to get. So are they world class? Because that's what we should be looking for if we're buying a player of that age. I'm not convinced either of them are amongst the best in the world in their position. Better than what we have is not worth spending 40-odd million for.

I like both players and they're both an upgrade on what we have at the moment, but that's not really the question we should be asking given the amount of money they'd cost. They are both 26, which means give or take, they're about as good as they're likely to get. So are they world class? Because that's what we should be looking for if we're buying a player of that age. I'm not convinced either of them are amongst the best in the world in their position. Better than what we have is not worth spending 40-odd million for.
In which case the follow up question needs to be which full backs are genuinely world class and can we get any of them? Personally, I think we get the best players we can, if that happens to be Rose or Walker then so be it. Not that I even think we could get them.

In which case the follow up question needs to be which full backs are genuinely world class and can we get any of them? Personally, I think we get the best players we can, if that happens to be Rose or Walker then so be it. Not that I even think we could get them.
The point isn't that we shouldn't get them because they're not world class, but that there must be plenty of full backs out there that are of a similar level, but not come with a world class price tag. I'm not saying we should only buy world class players or nothing, but that we shouldn't pay world class money for players that aren't world class and aren't likely to become world class.

They'd be better than what we've got currently. But Saturday showed that perhaps they're not all that.
Sane and Sterling were ripping them all game.
They were torn to shreds by Monaco.

Whilst they are very athletic I don't think they have the required football intelligence for Pep.
If either
, I'd gamble on Rose. But don't think he's up to it.
Interesting. I agree with you on the bolded, but more inclined to gamble on Walker.

Either way, I'd rather we go our and get better fits than the Spurs boys.

I'd rather us take a shot at Sidibe + Henrichs, both outplayed Walker in the CL and would be immense in the PL.

Saw the thread title and came in to say exactly the same thing. Still annoyed about Saturday.

Don't forget Rose stitched up Sterling last season squealing for the penalty when he kicked the ball at his back. Then gave away a penalty for a handball deflection playing for England just after.....Karma

The point isn't that we shouldn't get them because they're not world class, but that there must be plenty of full backs out there that are of a similar level, but not come with a world class price tag. I'm not saying we should only buy world class players or nothing, but that we shouldn't pay world class money for players that aren't world class and aren't likely to become world class.
fair enough. I'm not sure you'd get a world class player for the 40 odd million you mention but yes if we can get players who are just as good for less money then obviously we should do that. But I got the impression you'd rather stick with inferior players than buy these two because they would cost more than you think they're worth. All irrelevant, I can't see us signing either of them anyway for all sorts of reasons.

Being reported on Twitter (yes, I know!) that Walker is now 4/6 to join City in the summer. Mixed feelings about this, to be honest. Stevie Wonder can see we need new full backs, and he is a decent player (although his positional sense is iffy at times, leaving him to rely on his pace to get him out of trouble). Still haven't forgotten his dig at City fans though (something along the lines of where were we when we were shit?).

P.S. Sorry about all those brackets!

I will not be happy with Walker but you just got to back the club's judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.