Danny Rose and Kyle Walker

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Jumanji, 9 Jan 2017.

1. rollingnakedinmoney

rollingnakedinmoney

£60m (€70m) is the kind of money you spend on players like Belotti, Alexis Sanchez, Di Maria, Verratti, not on Kyle Walker. You don't even realize the ramifications of this for the club and on Pep's future at the club. Or just how ridiculous even this discussion is. Chelsea won the league with Victor Moses as their wingback!

Get Semedo or Emerson Palmieri from Roma for £30m, both players can play both RB and LB. Get Fabinho who can play both as DM and RB.

Last edited: 19 May 2017 at 2:22 PM
  2. Tugay One Cup

Tugay One Cup

Errrrrm

3. Akiva

Akiva

Who are you talking to?

Nobody here is signing Kyle Walker. City, under the direction of Pep, is signing (has signed, as per Jon) Kyle Walker.

We don't know how much he is going to go for. Could be £40m, could be £50m, I'd be surprised if it's as much as £60m, but Pep wants Walker and the club is getting him his man at RB.

We've waited fucking years for Pep and planned an entire global rebrand around him. We've got arguably the largest squad refresh since takeover coming up under Pep's guidance. And if you were Txiki, you'd be saying "sorry Pep, Walker's too expensive cause he's English lol. Have this kid Emerson Palmieri instead, good luck!"

If ever the club was going to start spending money on proven talent, rather than on plug-ins or projects, it's this summer.

4. roy.or.r

roy.or.r

I agree with what you are saying but what if one day Pep asks for Neymar and Messi at £300m? Is Txiki obliged to bring them to the club too regardless of the budget? People are worried about the fee because it might have an effect on our other transfers. At the end of the day, we don't have an unlimited budget.

5. Akiva

Akiva

Pep isn't asking for Neymar and or Messi, as far as we know. He's been shown to be prudent in the extreme in these matters, ie, pulling City out of the race for Pogshit because the price was way too high.

The whole "it might have an effect on other transfers" malarkey is overblown. Kylian Mbappe at north of £100m will have an effect on other transfers. An extra 10-20m on Walker than on an equivalent RB is a drop in the ocean for a club with a potential budget of £200m and a number of players who will be sold on.

Again, if Pep wants Walker then the club will get him Walker. Seems they already have.

6. BJL_City

BJL_City

I remember last summer people inflating our transfer fees day after day on here before we actually signed people for much cheaper.

7. roy.or.r

roy.or.r

Fair point. I just hope Pep knows what he is doing. This is a big season coming up for us and that Bravo transfer still haunts me.

8. wildfig

wildfig

I'm pretty confident that Pep know what he's doing.

9. citizen_maine

citizen_maine

You seem to be under the impression that Pep and Txiki don't speak to each other except when Pep goes "Get me..."
    Pep will know exactly how much the budget is and they'll have discussed who they want to spend it on and how much they're prepared to spend on each of them

10. nmc

nmc

The club can't win. We get stop gap full backs like Sagna and people moan, we keep Clichy past his sell by date and people moan now we throw serious money at the likes of Walker and Sandro to fix the biggest weakness in the team and still people complain. The club can afford to refresh the squad and I for one are pleased we are focusing in the right areas.