Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep isn't asking for Neymar and or Messi, as far as we know. He's been shown to be prudent in the extreme in these matters, ie, pulling City out of the race for Pogshit because the price was way too high.

The whole "it might have an effect on other transfers" malarkey is overblown. Kylian Mbappe at north of £100m will have an effect on other transfers. An extra 10-20m on Walker than on an equivalent RB is a drop in the ocean for a club with a potential budget of £200m and a number of players who will be sold on.

Again, if Pep wants Walker then the club will get him Walker. Seems they already have.

The club can't win. We get stop gap full backs like Sagna and people moan, we keep Clichy past his sell by date and people moan now we throw serious money at the likes of Walker and Sandro to fix the biggest weakness in the team and still people complain. The club can afford to refresh the squad and I for one are pleased we are focusing in the right areas.

Who are you talking to?

Nobody here is signing Kyle Walker. City, under the direction of Pep, is signing (has signed, as per Jon) Kyle Walker.

We don't know how much he is going to go for. Could be £40m, could be £50m, I'd be surprised if it's as much as £60m, but Pep wants Walker and the club is getting him his man at RB.

We've waited fucking years for Pep and planned an entire global rebrand around him. We've got arguably the largest squad refresh since takeover coming up under Pep's guidance. And if you were Txiki, you'd be saying "sorry Pep, Walker's too expensive cause he's English lol. Have this kid Emerson Palmieri instead, good luck!"

If ever the club was going to start spending money on proven talent, rather than on plug-ins or projects, it's this summer.

I'm talking to the forum, none of us are making decisions here.

I'm not against Walker, I think the price is ridiculous that's all. I'm not the one who makes decisions, you don't need to convince me and it's not my money I don't care if they buy him for £150m but this is setting a dangerous precedent is all I'm saying.

Anyway, if he's the guy Pep needs, then they'll get him, fine.

I'm not against Walker, I think the price is ridiculous that's all. I'm not the one who makes decisions, you don't need to convince me and it's not my money I don't care if they buy him for £150m but this is setting a dangerous precedent is all I'm saying.

Again who cares!?? If we had bought properly in recent years we wouldn't have to go do big now! Enjoy the ride mate and leave the money to the people who matter!

Sorry, I think that's just clichéd rubbish, an excuse for any player not working out, "oh he just couldn't hack the mental pressure, he's too weak".

It creates an environment which is suffocating, and gives new players no time to get their feet under the table. Yeah, some players might be able to take months of abuse and criticism constantly and not let it get to them, but others might not, and that doesn't mean they are bad players, or aren't good enough, it just means we've created a scenario in which everything is stacked against them and ultimately have lost out on a good player because of it.

Bravo is another example. He has managed the mental pressures of playing for Barcelona, winning trebles, captaining his country to Copa America titles, but he arrives here under a complete media storm because he's the most expensive 33 year old ever and even worse, he's not Joe Hart, his first mistake is front page news for a week and he naturally takes a huge hit of confidence.

Bravo isn't a shit keeper, he was plenty good enough to play for Barca, but he arrived into a scenario where absolutely anything except instant perfection was going to be instant failure, and the more often we do that the more often we're going to see big money signings fail because sometimes they'll not hit the ground running for whatever reason.
Bravo hitting the ground running was a frequent sight this season. Sadly, he was rarely accompanied by the ball.

I see your point re us overpaying but in reality we are in a group of clubs where we already pay a premium because other clubs think they can push us an extra few yards. Nothing's going to change that and in the last 3 or 4 years we've walked away from a few deals which we should have had the balls to do because the cheaper alternatives didn't work out.

Not your money mate so no need to worry. If we win the league next year you'll forget about it

Mnost expensive defenders list:
David Luis PSG
John Stones City
Javi Martinez Bayern (part midfielder)
Thiago Silva PSG
Mangala City
Otamendi City
Dani Alves Barca
Luke Shaw Rag
Donkey Rags
Marahuinos PSG
Central Real
Pepe Real
Bernatia Bayern

We already have 3 of the top 5 or 6. If you add Sandro and Walker at the prices being bandied around, we'd have the #1 #2# #4 #7 and #8. All purchased in a 4 season cycle.

At that point, can we honestly say that' its just the market? These prices are ridiculous. We need to do better.

Mnost expensive defenders list:
David Luis PSG
John Stones City
Javi Martinez Bayern (part midfielder)
Thiago Silva PSG
Mangala City
Otamendi City
Dani Alves Barca
Luke Shaw Rag
Donkey Rags
Marahuinos PSG
Central Real
Pepe Real
Bernatia Bayern

We already have 3 of the top 5 or 6. If you add Sandro and Walker at the prices being bandied around, we'd have the #1 #2# #4 #7 and #8. All purchased in a 4 season cycle.

At that point, can we honestly say that' its just the market? These prices are ridiculous. We need to do better.

Yes,the fees are ridiculous,but if we don't pay it,some other fucker will.
The boys in charge will pay what they deem worthy,it's nothing to do with you,me or anyone else on this forum....it is what it is,unfortunately.

Yes,the fees are ridiculous,but if we don't pay it,some other fucker will.
The boys in charge will pay what they deem worthy,it's nothing to do with you,me or anyone else on this forum....it is what it is,unfortunately.
Who else would have paid these prices for Mangala Otamendi and Stones
I can't think of any other club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.