Danny sturridge

zoffie said:
Viva Rivaldo said:
Except that it was only a friendly, and under FIFA regulations he can still play for Ghana.

Great! Otherwise I wouldn't have understood Welbecks decision..
It was obvious a carrot to try & persuade him not to commit to Ghana.

Oh and by the way.. Owen made the break at 17 but what happened in his latter career??
Everyone was talking about overplaying Wilshere, guys like Ronaldo.. & I don't mean Cristiano was carrying a team from 17.. Torres carried a team from 17..

Doesn't bode way for their later career.. and then you talk about Drogba or Henry.. When did they really start pulling up trees .. into their 20's & look how their formed lasted into their 30's..

Here's the thing, there is no "one" blueprint for how a players career should go on their way to being a world star. Most people only heard about Ronaldinho at 22.

Balotelli's full of promise & I hope that he actually realises at Man City I mean he's actually a year younger than Studge, his shot is incredible, I wish Studge had that shot power, he has the skills, pace.. You see it.. He has everything.. You know it can come together & you see people writing him off. It really is the same way City fans wanted to circle to write off studge..

I just hope Super Mario proves his undoubted quality the way Nintendo DS is doing.

Henry won the WC at 18 and was considered a wonderkid from 16 onwards along with Trezuguet. He moved to Juventus at the wrong time and it knocked his career back

Drogba only developed late on. He was in his mid 20's when he really starting playing well at Marseille. I think Sturridge is going to turn out to be a very good striker, he has skill, pace and gets in great positions hence his scoring record at Bolton.

Sturridge highlights the dilema of English football and the reason years ago we had many strikers Ian Wright, Kevin Phillips, Shearer, Andy Cole, Fowler, Teddy Sheringham etc etc but now really only Rooney. Players need to play regularly to improve & grow in confidence etc. But clubs like Chelsea and our own want ready made superstars and there is no room for talent to come through and earn a place in the team. It's ok for the here and now but is not good for the long term or for the national team side of things. In one way Arsenal seem to have things right but don't win anything. Chelsea actually have a good bunch of youngsters Sturridge, Mceachran and Borini who is on loan at Swansea is an amazing player.

Sturridge could be very important in the future for the England team, imagine him paying alongside Rooney. He's a million times better than Carroll but maybe is not as marketable (ie White). Just a thought as to why he has been overlooked.

ElanJo said:
Said it years ago and I've seen nothing to make me change my mind. He'll be England's next "Lineker"/"Shearer"/"Owen"

Should have been but I think the move to CFC has done more harm than good. He should shine for a team like Bolton and he will have the same talents as he had as the youth team kid, but he chose to shit on MCFC when we 'ad nowt. Sooner have some one with Vincent Kompany's attitude up front.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
zoffie said:
Great! Otherwise I wouldn't have understood Welbecks decision..
It was obvious a carrot to try & persuade him not to commit to Ghana.

Oh and by the way.. Owen made the break at 17 but what happened in his latter career??
Everyone was talking about overplaying Wilshere, guys like Ronaldo.. & I don't mean Cristiano was carrying a team from 17.. Torres carried a team from 17..

Doesn't bode way for their later career.. and then you talk about Drogba or Henry.. When did they really start pulling up trees .. into their 20's & look how their formed lasted into their 30's..

Here's the thing, there is no "one" blueprint for how a players career should go on their way to being a world star. Most people only heard about Ronaldinho at 22.

Balotelli's full of promise & I hope that he actually realises at Man City I mean he's actually a year younger than Studge, his shot is incredible, I wish Studge had that shot power, he has the skills, pace.. You see it.. He has everything.. You know it can come together & you see people writing him off. It really is the same way City fans wanted to circle to write off studge..

I just hope Super Mario proves his undoubted quality the way Nintendo DS is doing.

Henry won the WC at 18 and was considered a wonderkid from 16 onwards along with Trezuguet. He moved to Juventus at the wrong time and it knocked his career back

Nooo. You mean to tell me. Henry, Trezeguet & Christanval were highly rated??

I already know this.. You should also realise that you have just made another parallel, I mean as a City fan you yourself know that Sturridge has been highly rated from young as well. Ronaldinho for instance wasn't born at PSG..

The significance is.. Henry, Drogba, Ronaldinho none of them got universal recognition for their talents into their 20's. Like I always say just because the media aint talking about a player doesn't mean they're no good.

Adam Johnson is how old?? Oh he's no good because when he was 17 he wasn't on MoTD every week scoring a hatrick or nutmegging people 0_o

Adam Johnson has always been good.. not just when the media glare started to cast their camera's on him.

better than jo

not better than balo, tevez, dzeko or ade.

can go out and buy much much better.

having said that, a cheeky 5m bid in the summer for him and id be happy to see how it would work out

bet chelsea are kicking themselves, torres 50 million no goals, sent sturridge out on loan and hes smashing em in. great bit of business. not.

gooney said:
he's more talented than Balotelli

That remains to be seen,although there are similarities,on current consistency and reliability however.....

I'd rather Sturridge over all but Tevez in our present set up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.