Darren Fletcher

Pigeonho said:
Who he dares play for, (sounds so pathetic really), is absolutely irrelevant.

That it is. And has played absolutely no part in my opinion on him and his illness.

I have this and you wouldn't want it. It's painful, debilitating and worse. Blood tests every fortnight, enough pills to fill you up before breakfast and always the prospect that they don't work or stop working. I had 3 months of good health when I was first diagnosed and put on asacol and pred foam then it stopped working and I went downhill fast, pain, and nothing but passing pure blood upto 20 times a day.tired doesn't even come close and I thought I would be hospitalised in sep, I had to go on antibiotics just to get me to my next consultant appointment. Then I was put on 40mg of oral prednisolone which I took for 5 weeks with only slight improvement and I was still as tired as every and passing blood everyday. Doctor told me that I would need boilogical IV treatment remicade/infliximab as the next step because he believed me to be steroid refractory and decided to wean me off the prednisolone and start me on the immune suppressant imuran (which is used for transplant patients also) while I'm waiting for remicade. As luck would have it the immuran seemed to work like magic within two weeks I feel very close to normal again ( this week i feel normal, bellyache but I can deal with a little of that) I'm still on the steroids but can't come off them immediately because of withdrawal but fingers crossed I hope this works as long as possible before I go to the next step. After IV Treatment, surgery is the final option I'm told.
I'm on 13 tablets a day now to control it and have been diagnosed 8 months, the amount of medication is a worry too because of liver damage and stuff. ( been suffering at various degrees building about 4 years)

Anyway it's not nice, I don't know everything about my illness, sometimes I don't want to know everything as it takes over my life as it is. Autoimmune disease suck !lol

do us a favour, anyone posting negative things about this lad and his illness please fuck off and post your bile elsewhere.just ignore this thread if you must.
i don't know the guy from adam but he's a man, a husband and probably a father, way more important than football regardless of who he plays for.

as pidge says trying to be a "super blue" is bollocks, i hate the rags more than anyone but that's the team itself, at the final whistle they become normal people just like me, like you and our own players.

good luck Darren.

bobmcfc said:
I said, I have this and you wouldn't want it. It's painful, debilitating and worse. Blood tests every fortnight, enough pills to fill you up before breakfast and always the prospect that they don't work or stop working. I had 3 months of good health when I was first diagnosed and put on asacol and pred foam then it stopped working and I went downhill fast, pain, and nothing but passing pure blood upto 20 times a day.tired doesn't even come close and I thought I would be hospitalised in sep, I had to go on antibiotics just to get me to my next consultant appointment. Then I was put on 40mg of oral prednisolone which I took for 5 weeks with only slight improvement and I was still as tired as every and passing blood everyday. Doctor told me that I would need boilogical IV treatment remicade/infiximab as the next step because ge believed me to be steroid refractory and decided to wean me off the prednisolone and start me on the immune suppressant imuran (which is used for transplant patients also) while I'm waiting for remicade. As luck would have it the immuran seemed to work like magic within two weeks I feel very close to normal again ( this week i feel normal, bellyache but I can deal with a little of that) I'm still on the steroids but can't come off them immediately because of withdrawal but fingers crossed I hope this works as long as possible before I go to the next step. After IV Treatment, surgery is the final option I'm told.
I'm on 13 tablets a day now to control it and have been diagnosed 8 months, the amount of medication is a worry too because of liver damage and stuff. ( been suffering at various degrees building about 4 years)

Anyway it's not nice, I don't know everything about my illness, sometimes I don't want to know everything as it takes over my life as it is. Autoimmune disease suck !lol
This sums up this condition.There is no cure, management, medication, surgery.It is progressive.I don't see him coming back from this.Lewis Moody is another sportsman to succombe to this.

de niro said:
do us a favour, anyone posting negative things about this lad and his illness please fuck off and post your bile elsewhere.just ignore this thread if you must.
i don't know the guy from adam but he's a man, a husband and probably a father, way more important than football regardless of who he plays for.

as pidge says trying to be a "super blue" is bollocks, i hate the rags more than anyone but that's the team itself, at the final whistle they become normal people just like me, like you and our own players.

good luck Darren.
well said good luck Darren

When a hear a rag has done his hamstring I want it to be serious say 3 months out not 3 weeks. Hurt their foot .... please be a broken metathingy. Injuries that keep them from playing football for manyoo.

Fletcher's bowel problems are totally different, this affects his whole life. I know a couple of people who suffer with something similar, one not expected to make it through the night once.

Oh and Bob best wishes fighting it.

de niro said:

good luck Darren.
Well said. It's not a surprise though that the dicks never post again when they've come in to say their bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.