data transfer from old pc to new one

stony

What is the best way to do it? I've just bought a new laptop because my old desktop is being a ****. It boots up when it wants, but never when I want it too, but it has some shit on there that I need. Photos and ebooks mainly and I don't want to lose them.
How do I transfer them to my new laptop?

What is the best way to do it? I've just bought a new laptop because my old desktop is being a ****. It boots up when it wants, but never when I want it too, but it has some shit on there that I need. Photos and ebooks mainly and I don't want to lose them.
How do I transfer them to my new laptop?
Firewire transfer through USB. Although I'd check with @TCIB whether it's worth turning your desktop hard drive into portable memory first.

I understood nothing apart from "ginger ****"
You should be able to transfer the files directly with a USB cable (one that looks like the bigger end of a smartphone cable on both ends). Ask Ginger **** if you get stuck.

You should be able to transfer the files directly with a USB cable (one that looks like the bigger end of a smartphone cable on both ends). Ask Ginger **** if you get stuck.

cheers 92, i'll give it a bash

Is a USB stick not the simplest solution? Ebooks and photos don't take up that much room.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.