David Bowie RIP.

well i couldnt remember where i was when Kennedy got shot because i couldnt give a f*ck about him , but i will always remember where i was when i heard the thin white duke died , its personal. And your current "pop star" is some half baked singer who wins popfactor , or whatever its called , and is then owned and treated like puppet for the rest of his 12 month career , maybe you should take time to look a the tributes left to the Bowie , and the amount of musicians he influenced , i am sure you are not trying to belittle his achievements , but "just a popstar" is an unwise retort , when emotions are high , amongst some people.

You have described today's pop star. The fame wannabe. Bowie was yesterdays pop star. A proper pop star. Of course he influenced the bands who came after him. He was a brilliant pop star. But so did Elton John, The Beatles, The Who, The Stones etc etc. But to put his far to early demise on the same level as Kennedy's murder seems a little too far.

I'm listening to my vinyl copy of "Scary Monsters" as I type this. I am a fan but lets have a sense of perspective.

I've been surprised at how gutted I have been by the news, but I know its partly also me considering my own mortality and that of those I know. But, lest we forget, Bowie himself had an irreverent view of death.

Was in the middle of preparing my next radio show for Thursday when I found out about Bowie's death.
Have decided to postpone the planned one (a series on Northern Soul) and broadcast a tribute to Bowie instead - 59 minutes of uninterrupted music.
If anyone's interested, I can post the link for people to hear the show (would be nice to get some feedback).
I would like to hear this as well ⚡

This is nice
7c4993e961d952b408116aee228647b9.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.