David Luiz

2 Words..Brian Marwood.

out of our 5 signings this season only Silva has performed and looked like he's worth what we paid for him, a steal in fact !

the other 4 to date have not.

lee-mcfc said:
Pigeonho said:
Chelsea are Champions League, I reckon that's why he went there. He made the right choice from his personal point of view. He is an excellent player, been more than impressed with him.
agreed

he is cuptied so he can't play CC league football this season..

Pigeonho said:
Chelsea are Champions League, I reckon that's why he went there. He made the right choice from his personal point of view. He is an excellent player, been more than impressed with him.
Nope! the screw up was on our end. Chelsea ponied up the asking price, and we didn't put in an offer. Luiz would have gone to whoever wanted him. He wasn't particular about which one. His position all along was that he didn't mind staying at Benfica for now. Benfica tried to get the most they could for him, and we chickened out. The price we payed for having Kolo, Lescott and Boateng.

I guess the thinking was why pay 25 million for a position you already have 3 players and 60 million sunk into. They couldn' justify paying 85 million for one position in 2 years. They should have :(

Dax777

You are wrong Man City put a bid in last summer for EURO 26million and Chelsea said they would nit match it for now. Luiz told Benfica he wanted to hold out for a move to Chelsea and they agreed to let him. He has wanted to go to Chelsea, nowhere else!

The deal with Chelsea was Euro 21 million + Matijc + Chelsea playing Benfica in a friendly at their stadium in Portugal in the summer

Dax777 said:
Pigeonho said:
Nope! the screw up was on our end. Chelsea ponied up the asking price, and we didn't put in an offer. Luiz would have gone to whoever wanted him. He wasn't particular about which one. His position all along was that he didn't mind staying at Benfica for now. Benfica tried to get the most they could for him, and we chickened out. The price we payed for having Kolo, Lescott and Boateng.

I guess the thinking was why pay 25 million for a position you already have 3 players and 60 million sunk into. They couldn' justify paying 85 million for one position in 2 years. They should have :(

Luiz is the real phenom. Stop kidding ourselves.
Look he handled Rooney & Dzeko & brushing aside our Kolarov for the header scoring a goal in the process .
Dzeko IMO had a great game, with graft and craft. Its just too bad that he has to encounter this real meister in this young Brazilian.

Yes we did court him but we were never gonna get him or any Brazilian marquee players for a long while! And thats with a rich daddy.<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:09 am --<br /><br />
intheknow! said:
Dax777

You are wrong Man City put a bid in last summer for EURO 26million and Chelsea said they would nit match it for now. Luiz told Benfica he wanted to hold out for a move to Chelsea and they agreed to let him. He has wanted to go to Chelsea, nowhere else!

The deal with Chelsea was Euro 21 million + Matijc + Chelsea playing Benfica in a friendly at their stadium in Portugal in the summer

Yes we did court him but he rejects us as a suitor.

Luiz looks like a real prospect.

Personally, however, if I were a striker, i'd really look forward to playing him as he can be rash and gets dragged out of position easily. I'd rather play against him than Ivanovic currently, but it Luiz becomes a little more disciplined, he'll be a world star.

intheknow! said:
Dax777

This is not true. Benfica, and not Luiz declined our proposal in the summer. They wanted to keep Luiz for their Champions League run. And tagged him as one of the player they were not interested in selling. If anyone wanted to buy him, they'd have to pay the full amount of his relaease clause. It was exactly like the situation with Dzeko. They were not willing to sell in the summer, but changed their mind based on how the season had gone in the first half.

Luiz never voiced an opinion regarding who he wanted to play for. His only comments were that it was nice to hear about the interest being shown by clubs in England, but he was happy to stay at Benfica and learn his trade for now. At the time, Benfica had him valued at 37 million Euros. A purposely excessive amount meant to dissuade anyone from trying to buy him.

Once Benfica dropped out of the CL, they signalled Luiz was for Sale, and tried to start a bidding war between us and Chelsea. But we ignored the didn't put in an offer and Chelsea did.

Luiz had nothing to do with why he went to Chelsea. Chelsea paying and City not paying does!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.