David Phillips

I’ll never forget that day against charlton which David was an important part of and a big thank you to him for that

Maine Road was never hotter or sunnier or fuller than it was that wonderful day.

My first year in Manchester.
That day we were in the Platt Lane end because we couldn't get in anywhere else.

Scored a 25yrd screamer v carlisle on my 1st ever city game! i was right behind it sat in platt lane, “typical city” lost 3-1!!

When he joined he told the kit man that he’d missed an L out of his name on the front of his shirt

When in fact it was our sponsor Philips emblazoned on the chest. True dat

Ahead of his time was our Dave

He mentions that goal during the interview - Billy McNeilltold him he scored it too early !!
I looked for it on youtube but couldn't find it. Goal of the month on MOTD I think.
There was only like 4 games played that day due to the weather so the cameras legged it to a 2nd division game at Maine Road.
Former youth team keeper John Blott in goal for Carlisle I think

Always stood out to me as a really classy player in a time when we struggled a bit for quality, ironically he was born in Germany at a hospital I worked at while he was playing for the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.