David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been our best player this season imo. Fernandinho would be miles ahead but for the disciplinary issues.

Either way, I'd be very surprised if either of those two left us within the next year as they've both developed into leaders, they'd cost an arm and a leg to replace and our priorities most likely lie elsewhere.

I think he should move deeper, its wrong to say he's playing badly every week or something but I think he as a player dies vs a parked bus, its a problem we've had long in advance of guardiola arriving and maybe goes all the way to the mancini years, and the constant in our attacking midfield is Silva. I think if he played deeper his reluctance to shoot and poor goalscoring return would be less of an issue and his creativity would be allowed more freedom.

Liked where he was at the beginning of the season, think he's poor further forward or on the wings

I think he should move deeper, its wrong to say he's playing badly every week or something but I think he as a player dies vs a parked bus, its a problem we've had long in advance of guardiola arriving and maybe goes all the way to the mancini years, and the constant in our attacking midfield is Silva. I think if he played deeper his reluctance to shoot and poor goalscoring return would be less of an issue and his creativity would be allowed more freedom.

Liked where he was at the beginning of the season, think he's poor further forward or on the wings
Agree with this.

Thought his touch, vision, passing and link up play were excellent today.

Just behind Leroy for MOTM for me.

Criminally underrated by many that don't see him for 90 mins week in week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.