David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best player in the league and the most impressive thing about him is not even to do with what he does on the ball but his work-rate.Playing in the role that pep asks him to, you have to be incredibly disciplined when the team doesn't have the ball and these past couple of months he's won and mopped up so many times in defence to help the team out and he never stops moving. Must be one of the fittest in the team and I won't be surprised if he's able to perform at a high level for 3/4 more years. There's no other player probably outside of yaya ironically you would want in your team when the teams back is against the wall and under pressure or when momentum looks to be switching to the opponent. Time just slows down to his pace whenever he has the ball and it's a joy to watch him when he performs like he did today.

Last edited:
I've guessed/gotten it wrong on Dave. He's been far better than I thought he'd be and it's only fair that I admit that. That's all. Am I right @Zin 'messiah' Zimmer ?
Lol me too. When he signed I thought "so so" a bit small for the riggers of the prem.
Could I have been any more wrong:)
He's the best player I have ever seen in a city shirt. He's that good.

Dave was always this good but now he has the system and the players to suit. For two years the movement and pace up front had been shocking but now he has Sané and Sterling hugging the touchlines and making runs and creating space. For all the talk of Aguero/Jesus has been about the past and current form of those two players, it's the affect it's had on Silva that's the most important thing.

I also prefer him in this slightly deeper role, get hm dictating play from outside the box rather than inside where for some reason he isn't quite as effective.

Lol me too. When he signed I thought "so so" a bit small for the riggers of the prem.
Could I have been any more wrong:)
He's the best player I have ever seen in a city shirt. He's that good.

Not exactly what I meant, but you knew that. Yeah,,, he's been great. I'm trying to get zim to admit he wrote him off!

He knows. Pep knows. I know. Most of you know. The rest... Specsavers.

Movement is key. Telling tweet from his Twitter account after the game...rarely mentions teammates especially a youngster.

Sane makes an average pass look good because of his pace which in turn makes David more effective.

Virtuoso performance.

Him and Yaya these last 6 weeks or so have put on a midfield master class. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.