David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He knows. Pep knows. I know. Most of you know. The rest... Specsavers.

Movement is key. Telling tweet from his Twitter account after the game...rarely mentions teammates especially a youngster.

Sane makes an average pass look good because of his pace which in turn makes David more effective.

Virtuoso performance.

Him and Yaya these last 6 weeks or so have put on a midfield master class. Enjoy.
Thought he was mom by a country mile. Also some fair praise from GN after the game. 'its not Sane thats done the full back time and again tonight, its Silva'.
That flick over his shoulder was worth my exorbitant sky fee alone.

A joy to behold last night. Was my MOTM by some distance - put in a 9/10 performance. I've had plenty to criticise Silva about in the last two seasons, but he's risen to the challenge of playing in a Guardiola side with aplomb. Suits him down to the ground playing a deeper more central role, and having pure footballers like Toure and KDB playing around him just makes it so much easier for him to do his thing. What we're seeing now is the total buy in in terms of what Pep wants from a positional point of view from both Silva and KDB. Maybe they aren't as active in the final third as they were previously, but they are the killers loading the bullets for Sterling, Sane, and Kun/Jesus.

A joy to behold last night. Was my MOTM by some distance - put in a 9/10 performance. I've had plenty to criticise Silva about in the last two seasons, but he's risen to the challenge of playing in a Guardiola side with aplomb. Suits him down to the ground playing a deeper more central role, and having pure footballers like Toure and KDB playing around him just makes it so much easier for him to do his thing. What we're seeing now is the total buy in in terms of what Pep wants from a positional point of view from both Silva and KDB. Maybe they aren't as active in the final third as they were previously, but they are the killers loading the bullets for Sterling, Sane, and Kun/Jesus.

Completely agree. He was absolutely sublime last night, he looked quick and purposeful when in possession. Silva often has these games where he's simply unplayable, he's going to be incredibly difficult to replace.

Totally agree. He looks like he's injury free. I thought he was the best player on the pitch although Sterling, Kolorov, Stones, Willy, Sane, Toure all played well too.

Totally agree. He looks like he's injury free. I thought he was the best player on the pitch although Sterling, Kolorov, Stones, Willy, Sane, Toure all played well too.

Everyone played well. I mean if I'm trying to figure out if Kolarov deserves a shout as MOTM or whether it should be given to Raz or Silva or even Sane then it shows the high level of performance from everyone.

As much as it's about performances for me it is about buying into the positional game which Pep is implementing. You can see it coming together in front of our eyes at present and it's a beautiful sight to behold!

Thought he was mom by a country mile. Also some fair praise from GN after the game. 'its not Sane thats done the full back time and again tonight, its Silva'.
That flick over his shoulder was worth my exorbitant sky fee alone.
It's the way Silva finds space which intrigues me, Neville mentioned it last night but it's been happening ever since he arrived at City and opponents must be aware of it but they can't seem to close the space down easily. Remember the first goal in the 6-1, Silva finds a pocket of space just a few yards outside the rag area and sets up Milner to provide the assist for Mario's opening goal, it simply shouldn't happen at the top level but he does it time and time again.

It's the way Silva finds space which intrigues me, Neville mentioned it last night but it's been happening ever since he arrived at City and opponents must be aware of it but they can't seem to close the space down easily. Remember the first goal in the 6-1, Silva finds a pocket of space just a few yards outside the rag area and sets up Milner to provide the assist for Mario's opening goal, it simply shouldn't happen at the top level but he does it time and time again.
Even when he seems to be in a tight spot, time and again he is able to turn his body with the ball and find space. I can't think of another player anywhere that does that as well as he.

I've guessed/gotten it wrong on Dave. He's been far better than I thought he'd be and it's only fair that I admit that. That's all. Am I right @Zin 'messiah' Zimmer ?

2 weeks too late, Deg, I held my hands up also (:

As mentioned earlier, by playing deeper we can now discount his lack of goal threat and take in his (never in doubt) ability to orchestrate. People are too quick to judge in general, the same has been done by many on Yaya, yet they don't show the same courtesy because he 'disrespected the club'.. Bollocks..

Does anyone, for one minute, feel that a person wants to be proven right when 'their opinion', repeat 'their opinion' is reinforced? Nonsense, it's subjective and I for one am glad to be proved wrong as it benefits the common denominator we all want... Success for city!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.