David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 weeks too late, Deg, I held my hands up also (:

As mentioned earlier, by playing deeper we can now discount his lack of goal threat and take in his (never in doubt) ability to orchestrate. People are too quick to judge in general, the same has been done by many on Yaya, yet they don't show the same courtesy because he 'disrespected the club'.. Bollocks..

Does anyone, for one minute, feel that a person wants to be proven right when 'their opinion', repeat 'their opinion' is reinforced? Nonsense, it's subjective and I for one am glad to be proved wrong as it benefits the common denominator we all want... Success for city!!!
I like you.

Been outstanding in recent weeks and his performance last night was ridiculous. The issue last season was him being stuck out wide, same issue with KDB. Both are better in the middle and unfortunately the injury to Gundogan has also possibly helped both as for me the formation wasn't working.

He was simply magnificent again last night but the strange thing is how little mention he gets in the after match analysis. Players like Sterling and Sane were quite rightly mentioned....but it's almost as though people don't think it's necessary to even mention Silva because everybody knows and accepts just how bloody brilliant he is and they just end up talking about others.

He was simply magnificent again last night but the strange thing is how little mention he gets in the after match analysis. Players like Sterling and Sane were quite rightly mentioned....but it's almost as though people don't think it's necessary to even mention Silva because everybody knows and accepts just how bloody brilliant he is and they just end up talking about others.
Everyone takes him for granted as do a lot of blues,when he is gone he will be greatly missed

Everyone takes him for granted as do a lot of blues,when he is gone he will be greatly missed

Agree....and I'm already dreading the day when he plays his last game for City.....that is gonna be a sad sad day and hopefully a few years away.

In the last 10 -15 mins when we were playing keep ball I breathed a huge sigh of relief every time Silva had the ball at his feet, he'd then pass it on and then I'd get wound up again, then he'd get it back and I'd breathe a sigh of relief again.

2 weeks too late, Deg, I held my hands up also (:

As mentioned earlier, by playing deeper we can now discount his lack of goal threat and take in his (never in doubt) ability to orchestrate. People are too quick to judge in general, the same has been done by many on Yaya, yet they don't show the same courtesy because he 'disrespected the club'.. Bollocks..

Does anyone, for one minute, feel that a person wants to be proven right when 'their opinion', repeat 'their opinion' is reinforced? Nonsense, it's subjective and I for one am glad to be proved wrong as it benefits the common denominator we all want... Success for city!!!

Think that's the full house now, might as well close the thread ;-)

A joy to behold last night. Was my MOTM by some distance - put in a 9/10 performance. I've had plenty to criticise Silva about in the last two seasons, but he's risen to the challenge of playing in a Guardiola side with aplomb. Suits him down to the ground playing a deeper more central role, and having pure footballers like Toure and KDB playing around him just makes it so much easier for him to do his thing. What we're seeing now is the total buy in in terms of what Pep wants from a positional point of view from both Silva and KDB. Maybe they aren't as active in the final third as they were previously, but they are the killers loading the bullets for Sterling, Sane, and Kun/Jesus.

Totally agree. He looks like he's injury free. I thought he was the best player on the pitch although Sterling, Kolorov, Stones, Willy, Sane, Toure all played well too.

+1. I've never really found it necessary to criticise Silva vehemently, not because he can do no wrong, but because he so rarely does. He has been our most consistently good player over the last five years. Even his not-very-good is only not very good by his standards, and remains a cut above about 80% of all other midfielders in the PL. It's a joy to watch this relationship he's developing with Sane. He's absolutely loving playing with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.