David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
'you think' being the operative word..

I'm sorry but when did this forum stop people having an opinion??

If you're proved to be right, kudos, you can hang the 'I'm the best tactician on bluemoon' award, proudly on your mantle.

Just because you see one aspect doesn't mean others can't predict where they think this will end up, that includes the make-up of the team. This notion that silva can sustain this due to his Jedi mind powers, IMO, is mirroring his game, like you have, on a different time and environment, the Prem pace, again IMO, will catch up with him...

If I'm wrong, so be it, it's win win as if he achieves what you, and the consensus believe, we will piss the league... I'd rather be wrong and win something than be right and win fuck all!!!

Well if you "think" he's been decent so far that's for you to evaluate why and what you expect from him. If it's only goals that could get him towards better than 'decent' then he'll probably never get there.

If he carries on at the level he's started the season, gets his usual 5-10 goals, I do think we'll piss the league. Not sure if that's the consensus, but no jedi mind tricks or copying anyone else required. Just maintaining this level that he's actually achieving in real life should be enough.

Silva in the first half was everywhere. West hams midfield couldn't get anywhere near him. Was the best half of football I've seen from a city player in a long time. However in the second half he was knackered and his game fell apart as he couldn't find space and his passing then let him down.

He was brilliant yesterday but I do wish he'd shoot more

There was a moment in the second half just before he hit the post where the whole West Ham goal opened up for him..I sit in the South Stand and you could literally see the waves part..instead of hitting it he made a short pass to his left and the opportunity had gone
Yeah was that when Sterling hit the side netting? Thing is I was watching him in the warm up and he was side footing shots past Joe Hart into the corner with ease from just outside the area, so I've no idea why he doesn't shoot more.

Well if you "think" he's been decent so far that's for you to evaluate why and what you expect from him. If it's only goals that could get him towards better than 'decent' then he'll probably never get there.

If he carries on at the level he's started the season, gets his usual 5-10 goals, I do think we'll piss the league. Not sure if that's the consensus, but no jedi mind tricks or copying anyone else required. Just maintaining this level that he's actually achieving in real life should be enough.

lets hope so, you'll be getting a trophy as well as David should this be the case!!!

@City_Sean @Jack74 @BillyShears @Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

What do you reckon lads, maybe wrote him off too early? Not having a go, genuine question.

(and for the record I thought DeBruyne's performance today was on just as high a level as Silva's).

He's been exceptional so far this season. He started last season in a similar fashion though. Lets see how the season unfolds but credit where it's due for the moment. He's actually putting a shift in when we've not got the ball as well as when we've got the ball. But then the whole squad knows anyone who doesn't do that is GONE no matter how talented they are.

It's interesting. Not just Silva. There's going to be a few this season (and there already have been) who suddenly seem to have found out what it means to work hard for 90 minutes. We won't ask why they previously didn't think this was necessary. Just be grateful that they have sussed it just in time for Pep's arrival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.