David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last 10 -15 mins when we were playing keep ball I breathed a huge sigh of relief every time Silva had the ball at his feet, he'd then pass it on and then I'd get wound up again, then he'd get it back and I'd breathe a sigh of relief again.

Sounds like you've mastered breathing.

Simply one of the best midfielders the Premiership has ever seen. A joy to watch every game, with a mesmerising performance last night. Nice to see Bournemouth fans acknowledge his skill. Out of interest has anyone on here met him?

'It's an honour to watch David Silva with his assessment of time and space, and his orchestration, play football, one that we too often take it for granted.'

Men in Blazers podcast

Some brilliant performances recently, but mainly against mediocrity. Sadly, he's also let us down with some pretty anonymous displays at Leicester, Liverpool, and Everton.
He's not alone, (De Bruyne is arguably more flaky), but it's one of the reasons why we're 8 points behind Chelsea.
Regardless of whether we beat Huddersfield and Monaco, the fixture list suggests a critical fortnight on the horizon, and we need Silva at the forefront against Liverpool, Arsenal,and Chelsea: not hiding behind safe passes or moaning at the referee when he thinks he's been fouled.

Some brilliant performances recently, but mainly against mediocrity. Sadly, he's also let us down with some pretty anonymous displays at Leicester, Liverpool, and Everton.
He's not alone, (De Bruyne is arguably more flaky), but it's one of the reasons why we're 8 points behind Chelsea.
Regardless of whether we beat Huddersfield and Monaco, the fixture list suggests a critical fortnight on the horizon, and we need Silva at the forefront against Liverpool, Arsenal,and Chelsea: not hiding behind safe passes or moaning at the referee when he thinks he's been fouled.

He was the only player vs Liverpool that wanted the ball. He was excellent in the second half.

He was exceptional against Arsenal.

The reason we're behind Chelsea.
Leicester, awful display, no more so than Guardiola.
Chelsea, awful officiating. + 3 to us and -3 for Chelsea. I doubt Aguero & Fernandinho would have seen red had we rightly won. I think Leicester would have been a different game too, had we rightly and fairly beat Chelsea.
We were also cheated and there's no other word for it agaist Spurs. +2.
So with just 2 games being played to the rules, we'd have 5 more points minimum & Chelsea 3 less.
We'd be level.

People often mistake Silva as not playing well if he's not creating. He can't create without movement.
He and YaYa are the two players who constantly demand the ball no matter the score and no matter the way they are playing.
Silva is not only our best player but he's our bravest too.
He can't run every game, he can't excell every week, even Messi doesn't do that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.