David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was excellent again last night although think everyone talking about him being irreplaceable are getting a bit carried away! :)

Bernado Silva was also excellent and showed similar qualities to David. Think long term replacing him won't be as much of a headache as people might imagine because he plays a very specific role within the team which someone like Thiago could step into and perform with similar qualities.

None of that should take away from his brilliance though since Pep's gone back to 433 with him and KDB in the middle. Currently is there a better midfield two than him and KDB? Not sure that there is in Europe. Maybe Verrati/Rabiot. Happy days.
Every player will be replaced as time goes on, sometimes for better, sometimes worse. In Silva's case I just happen to think it will be impossible to get a like for like that is as influential on the pitch, as cultured a footballer and such a great role model for young players and ambassador for the club. I think his legacy will be similar to that of Colin Bell. Not getting carried away, just what I think.

I think that Merlin is an excellent stand-in skipper.

His manner and behaviour on the field are a credit to him and the club.

If Vinnie was deemed unable to continue his career, I would be more than happy if David were given the captaincy on a permanent basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.