David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been exceptional so far this season. He started last season in a similar fashion though. Lets see how the season unfolds but credit where it's due for the moment. He's actually putting a shift in when we've not got the ball as well as when we've got the ball. But then the whole squad knows anyone who doesn't do that is GONE no matter how talented they are.

It's interesting. Not just Silva. There's going to be a few this season (and there already have been) who suddenly seem to have found out what it means to work hard for 90 minutes. We won't ask why they previously didn't think this was necessary. Just be grateful that they have sussed it just in time for Pep's arrival.

Although Silva (& KDB) seems to be running out of steam fairly early in the 2nd half. Not sure if that's a temporary fitness thing or he just cant sustain the pace

Although Silva (& KDB) seems to be running out of steam fairly early in the 2nd half. Not sure if that's a temporary fitness thing or he just cant sustain the pace

Even if it's temporary i'm not sure that once the CL kicks in we can expect them to have the energy/legs to be able to do it three times a week. Will be interesting to see how Pep rotates/rests them and what alternatives he uses.

Someone on here is being a bit of a cock aren't they?

Hard when you're wrong I guess.

Dont like the sitting on arse complaining thing he did when he should have had a free kick, reminded me of Yaya, just get up & get on with David!! Would do well not to do that too often under Pep ... Still class though & opposition still kicking lumps out of him cos they can't get the ball off him!!

Silva in the first half was everywhere. West hams midfield couldn't get anywhere near him. Was the best half of football I've seen from a city player in a long time. However in the second half he was knackered and his game fell apart as he couldn't find space and his passing then let him down.
Hence why we need Nasri as a midfield partner/replacement/competition for Silva. In terms of what they can do, imo they are both our special players who can run and turn a game in an instance.

Yeah was that when Sterling hit the side netting? Thing is I was watching him in the warm up and he was side footing shots past Joe Hart into the corner with ease from just outside the area, so I've no idea why he doesn't shoot more.

Were they low down to Joe's left by any chance....?

Too soon?

David Silva is my all-time favourite player and plays a lot like I used to (in my own completely delusional mind). He will not lose his vision, those pictures in his head to know where everyone is and the anticipation to know where they are going to be. He won’t lose his skills and his ability to quickly turn away from defenders. However he will start to lose the ability to arrive into space earlier and get in the positions that, in his mind, he knows he needs to be in. Inevitability of time but also could be accelerated by the high pressing game. I think the higher intensity of the premiership will mean his season will have to be managed to get the best out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.