David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
David came to meet me & my lad for a couple of beers to celebrate the 5 nil & his 50th City goal yesterday afternoon. Had one in Panacea & then one in our regular La Bandera. He's loving living in the city centre so much more convenient than Bowden.
He said thank you for all your support. He loves playing for city & hopes city will talk to him soon about a longer deal.
4ec9c0814619eb04dfcb3ac03e306e0d.jpg

No doubt he could play until 34/35 with us! We will never be able to properly replace the little wizard

There was a time last season where I really thought his time at City was up, but wow, he has seemingly gone up another level under Pep. Unbelievable for the hour or so he was on the pitch yesterday. I always feel as though his performance will reflect the performance of the team as a whole so it bodes well when he's everywhere, when he's demanding the ball and making everyone around him tick.

At the age he's at the only challenge for City is the have a capable understudy so that David doesn't have to play 60 games next season.

It's quite interesting that Pep seems to allow him the freedom to go pretty much where he wants. I did wonder if Pep's love of positional play would lead to a conflict with Silva if Dave wasn't prepared to adapt his game. Not sure who has compromised the most but it is working well. Next year will be interesting because I expect Pep to develop the positional side of the team's game further but he is sure to want to keep Merlin onside.

I don't think it matters whether Dave is City's greatest ever player (there's actually no absolutes on that so it is always debatable); what does matter is that City protect him and keep him fit and able to play for us for as long as possible.

He is not only the best player but the way he conducts himself for us and Spain he is a true role model. The guy is pure class.

He never bigs himself up trying to get the limelight be some kind of celebrity a la rag and scouse tosspot players. He just gently gets on with his life and making all of our lives richer for being part of it.

David came to meet me & my lad for a couple of beers to celebrate the 5 nil & his 50th City goal yesterday afternoon. Had one in Panacea & then one in our regular La Bandera. He's loving living in the city centre so much more convenient than Bowden.
He said thank you for all your support. He loves playing for city & hopes city will talk to him soon about a longer deal.
4ec9c0814619eb04dfcb3ac03e306e0d.jpg
bit confused as to how hes in that bar while city are still playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.