David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Bluwhit, 14 Aug 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pablo1

Pablo1

Which coincidentally is about what I'd give Silva for his performance. :-)

2. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

That's right, man; I got in
    I gave him 3.5/5 but I take your point.

3. Len Rum

Len Rum

Gentleman
    Mail on Sunday?
    You're better than that.

4. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

That's right, man; I got in
    I am.

5. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

He's on borrowed time if yesterday is anything to go by.

He's simply the obviousl person to make way for Gundogan, who has much more physicality to his game, but can also dicate play similar to Dave.

We have lost that huge power in the middle without Yaya and look visibly smaller all over the pitch.

Pep was clearly very happy with him yesterday, but I think Silva is now entering that new phase of his career when he will need to adapt to rotation, just like other mere mortals.

I was shocked how much of a difference Sagna's power in the middle seemed to push us on again when we went three at the back.

6. Pablo1

Pablo1

I'm not sure I get you there, mate. You say he's on borrowed time but then say Pep was very happy with him? I agree entirely with the rotation aspect. He doesn't need to play every week and between him and Gundogan I think we're in good shape going forward. He won't go on forever but he'll certainly play a bigger part this year than some on here were talking about last year.

7. Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Off to see the wizard....
    That's very pretentious of you, you know, thinking for me etc...

If you think that is the same David silva to 3 years ago them you're deluded..

Yes he possesses great balance still, yes he can still find a pass, the problem is less frequency but because others see what you don't it makes you a more logical fan??

He still has his part to play in a squad, however, he's the one who'll be resting more than starting, imo, when Gundogan is fit!!

8. Pablo1

Pablo1

Can't wait to see Gundogan in action tbh. If it means Dave prolongs his career with lesser minutes then I can accept that no probs.

9. Dax777

Dax777

Thought some of his passing and movement were top notch. He did get a little tired though. And I think Pep wanted to save him for Tuesday.
    Really good game from sStone, Kolarov, Sterthng, and Dihno. Everyone else was ok.

10. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

Simple as that. Pep is probably happy to have him around but he's not the best automatic starter for the job in plenty of games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.