David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok then seen as Yaya as brought in to the topic , it only fair that we mention the highlights of each other careers playing 4 us

Silva best game and goal was Hull away

Yaya 20 premier goals in one season , also scored the winners against them horrible ****s and Stoke to win us the cup .

The 2 goals against Newcastle the goal at Palace the first goal in the league cup against Sunderland .

In the years Silva has been here he as not scored a big goal .

Both have not done enough in Champions League

Silva according 2 some is the best player in City's history ?

If you say so

MCFC OK

Oh dear.

Not sure if you're aware, David Silva has got more assists in the PL since he signed for the club than any player. Including Yaya.

In our 2012 title winning season his fellow players voted him the Players Player of the Season. Yaya also played that season.

You see, the league was won over 38 games. In my view, and the view of his fellow professionals, he was our best player over those 38.

It's a bit of a school boy / MOTD fan myth that Yaya won us the league that year with his 2 goals at St James's. It's a lovely story, but that league was won over a whole season and Silva was better over the whole piece.

Gareth Barry who played with them both recently said David Silva is the best player he's ever played with.

The best manager in the world has bombed Yaya out. Twice. He's also started Silva in every game he's been available, often as captain. You do the maths.

Yaya would almost certainly have a better YouTube highlights reel, but who's been the better City player over their whole career? It's not even close.

To be fair, the original debate was Silva’s record in the big CL games against Barca, Bayern and Real Madrid, which has ranged from inconsistent to peripheral and nondescript.

We’ve since meandered towards comparing the hugely significant contributions of both Silva and Yaya in previous Premier League campaigns.

Fascinating, but on this occasion, totally irrelevant.

He has lost the keys that unlocks doors and doesn't know where the fuck he put them right now.

Really poor again im afraid.

It's fair to start asking questions I'm afraid. Has the occasional great game but it doesn't happen often enough these days. Hope he discovers his best but as it stands, I'd swap him for Coutinho in a heartbeat.

Gash today. Poor touch and looked like he didn't have studs on. Doesn't seem to have a cutting edge about him. Said it a few weeks ago and got slated, but for a player of his quality he does sometimes make a total pigs ear of some promising situations with either a bad touch, or a slip or a poor pass - I mean that in the context of his ability which is world class.

He was terrible today. He just looked lost out there and his passing was abysmal, really surprised he lasted the 90

Spainish Dave seems to slow the play down to much for me.
Look much more threatening using pace of raz kdb and Sane

Slows us down. Can't believe I'm saying this but I'd like to see us playing a few games without him and see how we get on, see if we play with any more urgency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.