David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as he keeps proving he's worthy to be on the pitch that's all we can ask of him. So far so good.

I've said all along he is perfect for a pep team and it looks like I'm right.
He played well last night and I think the more our players learn under pep the better he will get

Last night was one of the strangest games I've ever witnessed, with City creating chance after chance, yet somehow looking vulnerable on the counter attack, mainly in the first half when Silva and Aguero both lost the ball cheaply, and Steau exposed the space behind Kolarov.
Everyone played well, but Silva should have been more precise or clinical, on more than one occasion. Let's judge him and De Bruyne when Stoke are clattering ankles this Saturday.

How come?

Because once the result was secured I was assuming he would have been taken off to preserve his ankle. But it seems his ankle is fine now, his fitness is good and Pep is keen to get the minutes in his legs. He will get more and more into his groove as the season goes on.

Three games in and he's been key for us in each one.

Keeps proving the naysayers wrong.

Long may it continue!

3 attempted hatchet jobs on his ankle 1 attempted leg breaker today glossed over by the experts on sky, whilst gushing over the assault by Sterling for their penalty

Magnificent today. I worried last week when I saw he was in a deeper role but he seems to be relishing it. Not afraid to stick his boot in when needed or commit a tactical foul like Fernandinho. Not sure it will work every game but so far so good

Last night was one of the strangest games I've ever witnessed, with City creating chance after chance, yet somehow looking vulnerable on the counter attack, mainly in the first half when Silva and Aguero both lost the ball cheaply, and Steau exposed the space behind Kolarov.
Everyone played well, but Silva should have been more precise or clinical, on more than one occasion. Let's judge him and De Bruyne when Stoke are clattering ankles this Saturday.

Ok, let's. I thought he was excellent (again).......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.