David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the vast majority of what you say, the only problem I had was the end of last season. When David made a Lazarus style recovery when he pulled on the Spanish shirt.,
That was because his ankle had 2 weeks rest pre tournament. Please don't ever think he's less committed to MCFC. I can assure you he's fully committed to City. I can see why timings of injuries etc may make you think that but it is pure coincidence. He is our modern day Colin Bell he has all the same footballing values and a lot of personal ones too.

He has had a great season so far. The entire team was off the pace in the first half on Sunday. Don't think there is much wrong other than individual mistakes in our defensive play and a lack of clinical final pass. Both will improve for sure. There are so many poseurs with limited talent in football, lets just celebrate a guy who is a complete credit to the sport and a fantastic ambassador for our club.

He has had a great season so far. The entire team was off the pace in the first half on Sunday. Don't think there is much wrong other than individual mistakes in our defensive play and a lack of clinical final pass. Both will improve for sure. There are so many poseurs with limited talent in football, lets just celebrate a guy who is a complete credit to the sport and a fantastic ambassador for our club.
Totally agree,picking at players gets on my tits,we'll really miss him when he has gone,maybe not footballing wise as that means he has handed the baton to the youngsters but as a model player and humble human being,one of the best we have ever had

Totally agree,picking at players gets on my tits,we'll really miss him when he has gone,maybe not footballing wise as that means he has handed the baton to the youngsters but as a model player and humble human being,one of the best we have ever had
For me, he is in the top two or three that I have seen in my lifetime - as a club ambassador and footballer.

That was because his ankle had 2 weeks rest pre tournament. Please don't ever think he's less committed to MCFC. I can assure you he's fully committed to City. I can see why timings of injuries etc may make you think that but it is pure coincidence. He is our modern day Colin Bell he has all the same footballing values and a lot of personal ones too.
He only needed two weeks rest to recover from an injury that had blighted him all season? Sorry but that's a crock....if that was the case the club would have packed him off to the sun for some R&R during the season, a season in which he was very poor, allegedly due to his "ankle injury'.

David Silva has been a magnificent servant and player for this club, but I fear his best days in a BLUE shirt are at an end

Last edited:
Gets on your tits? Pic or it never happened.

Even at his peak, Silva's best moments were usually in games where City were already winning and the opposition were starting to lose their shape.
Alternatively, when the opposition defended too deep, Silva was fantastic at threading the ball to the overlapping full backs.
In those moments his vision was (and still is) a thing of beauty.

Completely different story in the Champions League when the opposition are equally gifted, and it all comes down to fine margins.
In those situations, Silva just can't get a grip and remains a peripheral figure, forever playing one touch return passes on the half way line

Guillem Balague made exactly the same point 5 years ago when asked about Silva's perceived weakness, when compared to Modric or Iniesta,

Even at his peak, Silva's best moments were usually in games where City were already winning and the opposition were starting to lose their shape.
Alternatively, when the opposition defended too deep, Silva was fantastic at threading the ball to the overlapping full backs.
In those moments his vision was (and still is) a thing of beauty.

Completely different story in the Champions League when the opposition are equally gifted, and it all comes down to fine margins.
In those situations, Silva just can't get a grip and remains a peripheral figure, forever playing one touch return passes on the half way line

Guillem Balague made exactly the same point 5 years ago when asked about Silva's perceived weakness, when compared to Modric or Iniesta,
Seems overly simplistic, and very harsh imho.

Silva, as a footballer, is one of the best players the Prem has ever seen.

He has obvious weaknesses, such as his lack of goal threat, which prevents him from changing games as often as someone like Gerrard has done, but he has a big influence on the general flow of a game. He is a player though, that relies on those around him, to make his game work. He can't go out & win it on his own like Gerrard used to or Giggs etc or even Yaya Toure. And certainly not like Messi. He is a conductor, not a lead soloist. If the rest aren't on it, you might as well take him off. If they are on it though, he's just about the best conductor in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.