David Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merlin is a genius. I never saw the great Colin Bell and respect those that say he is still our greatest player. But for me i find it hard to believe that David Silva shouldn't be on that pedestal. What a lovely debate to have.

It's quite hard to compare. Different types of players and different playing conditions; plus you have the fact that Bell's career was ended before he reached his peak. That gives Merlin some advantages.

Dave is without doubt the most aesthetically pleasing player to watch that I have witnessed at City.

Whether it is Pep's influence, having the arm band much of the time or not having Yaya in the team, Dave has stepped up this season and improved his game in ways that I was not sure he could / would.

The question now is can he inspire us to Champions League glory?

It's quite hard to compare. Different types of players and different playing conditions; plus you have the fact that Bell's career was ended before he reached his peak. That gives Merlin some advantages.

Dave is without doubt the most aesthetically pleasing player to watch that I have witnessed at City.

Whether it is Pep's influence, having the arm band much of the time or not having Yaya in the team, Dave has stepped up this season and improved his game in ways that I was not sure he could / would.

The question now is can he inspire us to Champions League glory?
Impossible to compare the two really, if for no other reason than the pitches they played on (and even then we often had one of the best pitches).

David Silva has been brilliant for us, and could still be for a few years yet, Colin was my hero as a kid, but sadly it wasn't for long enough, so I would have to go with David, but for me there is little between them. I feel blessed to have seen them both play for us, despite the barren years in the middle, but I could add quite a few others, just below them both, and currently there are a couple in this squad who might even surpass them.

As the Player's Player of the Season has already been voted for, I would assume that's going to be a straight race between DeBruyne and Salah.

It would be quite apt if Silva was to win the FWA Player of the year as they have so often overlooked him.

It would be great if City fans started making some noise on social media and encouraged the top football writers to consider him for the award.

Journalists seem to love him as a player anyway, but he's so often forgotten about because they so rarely write headlines about him. He has a very private life and isn't really a headline grabber. He's just consistently brilliant and it would be great if he finally got the recognition he deserves.

Its scandalous that Merlin has only made the Premier league team of the year only once , he has been the most consistent midfield player in the country since he came to our club , could you imagine the plaudits he would have received if he played for the dark side .Really dont think he is underrated by anyone , but he is overlooked because his brilliance has become the norm , we've had great midfielders like Kinky and Bernarbia but Merlin has done it at the top level for years , he's on a par with Colin Bell as our greatest ever midfield players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.