David Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No-one doubts his class, but for me he's not been at his absolute best since his haircut. Yes the stats are still impressive because he is class even on an off day. But I think he gives the ball away more than he used to with one or two more passes going astray. I am not alarmed in any way, but I think it's a little drop in form compared his usual high.

Others will doubtless see it differently, but that's just my view.
This has been my view too. Reminds me a lot of Yaya's 20 goal season. Improved stats but decreased performance.

Not been his imperious best, but some of his passing is still world class. Then again, when you are playing world class football, it is easy to only look spectacular!

I will never know why some City supporters are always moaning about something. Yes, I complain when bad mistakes are made or when not enough effort is being put in or when the selection of the team is made with little thought of the style of play and physique of the the opposition or the occasion (e.g. 7/8 kids v rags with 6000+ City fans travelling to a night cup match) BUT how can people moan about the style of play and results this season? And more importantly take cheap pot shots at, arguably, the most skilful, most polished, best passer of the ball, player who always gives 100%.
To watch David Silva is worth my season ticket money on its own. To watch the team's style of play and the goals this season is an added benefit.
If people are still moaning this season maybe they should support someone else.

I will never know why some City supporters are always moaning about something. Yes, I complain when bad mistakes are made or when not enough effort is being put in or when the selection of the team is made with little thought of the style of play and physique of the the opposition or the occasion (e.g. 7/8 kids v rags with 6000+ City fans travelling to a night cup match) BUT how can people moan about the style of play and results this season? And more importantly take cheap pot shots at, arguably, the most skilful, most polished, best passer of the ball, player who always gives 100%.
To watch David Silva is worth my season ticket money on its own. To watch the team's style of play and the goals this season is an added benefit.

Like you find it unbelievable. The pass for the first goal in Saturday. Like a master thief unlocking a safe.
But it his movement that is mesmerising. Some of the posts prior to yours are from people who cannot see movement off the ball. Must not have it in fifa games.

So you moan about mistakes.
You moan about perceived effort.
And, You moan about selections.

So... you are a moaner. And you are okay moaning about what you don't like. You just don't like when others moan about what they don't like that you don't agree with.

Around these parts, we call that hypocrisy.

So you moan about mistakes.
You moan about perceived effort.
And, You moan about selections.

So... you are a moaner. And you are okay moaning about what you don't like. You just don't like when others moan about what they don't like that you don't agree with.

Around these parts, we call that hypocrisy.

If you read my post, I didn't say that I moaned about anything. I actually said that I complain on occasions. That is different to moaning about anything. Subtle difference but different non the less. With the greatest respect,as you write in this forum so often, and I only submit on a very few occasions ( and always in a positive vein). I doubt that you really know the meaning of "hypocrisy"
Anyway, let's hope that City continue to play exiting football and go on to win many more games than we loose.

If you read my post, I didn't say that I moaned about anything. I actually said that I complain on occasions. That is different to moaning about anything. Subtle difference but different non the less. With the greatest respect,as you write in this forum so often, and I only submit on a very few occasions ( and always in a positive vein). I doubt that you really know the meaning of "hypocrisy"
Anyway, let's hope that City continue to play exiting football and go on to win many more games than we loose.
Wasn't meant to insult, but reading it back it seemed like I was attacking you. So fair enough my apologies for that...

That said... Ah lets just leave it at the apology :)

That pass to Aguero tonight was absolutely unreal, such a shame Aguero didn't put it in the back of the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.