David Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to think this is what we'll do. However, the game after Burnley is Wolves. Gundogan and Bernardo looked good together at WBA before Ilkay went off, so maybe we'll see them start in that one.

Tough to guess rotation but I feel so much more confident in it than I did at any point last season. Our bench is insane.
I'd rather start Foden (if he's back from India) and Brahim against Wolves if possible!

It probably won't be in the highlights because too many other amazing things happened, but one of my favorite moments yesterday was at about the 10 minute mark when Dave controlled the ball on his chest, and feeling a Stoke guy right behind him, casually flicked it over his head to a completely open Delph. Beautiful.
Glad someone else noticed that. Had that been Pogba, Hazard or Kane it would be on every highlight reel. Too bad City are scoring so many goals and filling the highlight reels with goals!

On NBCSN, our MOTD was Watford vs Arse, because they showed City on their pay app! Because of that, City was just highlights, but there were so many goals, they only played the last few seconds of each goal! Th first goal started with KDB passing to Walker! Completely missed the lung busting run from Walker! The second goal, which was a series of entire team passes as soon as we got the ball back from their kick off after the second goal started with Sane against the goal line before he checked back! Fucking joke, because that second goal was brilliant...and not just because of KDB’s pass!

Plenty of people noticed it. Got a round of applause where I was sat.
City fans know he is a genius. I watched it and just laughed at the audacity and ease with which he did it!

I’m just saying that the so-called experts miss real brilliance while riding the bandwagon of the back page stars they create themselves.

Last edited:
Plenty of people noticed it. Got a round of applause where I was sat.
His stats are approx the same as KDB this season, but no headlines/hyperbole, as per many previous seasons.
Only a minority of nonCity fans recognise how good he is, due to the limited time they see of him I guess. The last few posts being a case in point.

Hopefully KDB can be/is like Silva - quiet, unassuming and a City man through and through.
The Mendy types (and balotelli as was) can be the media mouthpiece because they have big shoulders and seem like they enjoy a good banter.

City fans know he is a genius. I watched it and just laughed at the audacity and ease with which he did it!

I’m just saying that the so-called experts miss real brilliance while riding the bandwagon of the back page stars they create themselves.

Plenty of pundits rate Silva highly but he does not get as much recognition as he deserves.

Glad someone else noticed that. Had that been Pogba, Hazard or Kane it would be on every highlight reel. Too bad City are scoring so many goals and filling the highlight reels with goals!

On NBCSN, our MOTD was Watford vs Arse, because they showed City on their pay app! Because of that, City was just highlights, but there were so many goals, they only played the last few seconds of each goal! Th first goal started with KDB passing to Walker! Completely missed the lung busting run from Walker! The second goal, which was a series of entire team passes as soon as we got the ball back from their kick off after the second goal started with Sane against the goal line before he checked back! Fucking joke, because that second goal was brilliant...and not just because of KDB’s pass!
Yes, that second goal was something else - it started with Otamendi dispossessing their striker and backheeling it up the line to Silva(?), from where it went around the defence and goalie, before moving forward, eventually to Sane, who had a probe round the back of the Stoke defence, but when that didn't pan out, instead of trying something low percentage, he doubled back, found De Bruyne, and that's when the highlight starts.

Just came across this, always good to see him getting praise after criminally being ignored for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.