David Silva for FWA Player of the year?

Shaelumstash

It's got a nice ring to it, hasn't it?

As the Player's Player of the Season has already been voted for, I would assume that's going to be a straight race between DeBruyne and Salah.

It would be quite apt if Silva was to win the FWA Player of the year as they have so often overlooked him. He and DeBruyne have been so outstanding this season, it would be fantastic if they both received an award.

It would be great if City fans started making some noise on social media and encouraged the top football writers to consider Silva for the award.

Journalists seem to love him as a player anyway, but he's so often forgotten about because they so rarely write headlines about him. He has a very private life and isn't really a headline grabber.

He's just consistently brilliant and has been absolutely key to us being 16 points clear. He dictates games and that should count more than dabs and MOTD highlights. It would be great if he finally got the recognition he deserves.

Fixed,although there is also a perfectly good David Silva thread in the performance forum.

I've posted similar in there, mate. But this isn't a thread about his performances. It's a thread about fans encouraging sports journalists to consider Dave for the award.

Potentially controversial viewpoint incoming:

I don't think Silva deserves it.

I'm not debating he's our best player of all time- a phenomenon. But this season he's got (I think) 8 league goals and 9 league assists, and has missed several games for perfectly understandable personal reasons. Extremely good statistics, no doubt, but not the very best. He does a lot of work outside of goals and assists, true, but is it really enough to overshadow the numbers of the two frontrunners?

In my opinion David Silva is the Premier League Player of the Decade. But this particular season, I feel Salah and De Bruyne are more deserving shouts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.