David Silva for FWA Player of the year?

He certainly deserves more recognition. A true legend at our football club and in the premier league. A Rolls Royce of a footballer but is also prepared to put the dirty work in.

Also deserves a better chant.

The only reason that David Silva and KdB will not win any reward form either the players or the football writers is that they play for Man City. If they should win an award that would go against their bosses say so.

The love for Victimpool in the media is sickening.
Garuntee they will go for Salah even though his all round game is a shadow of KDB & Merlin.

Potentially controversial viewpoint incoming:

I don't think Silva deserves it.

I'm not debating he's our best player of all time- a phenomenon. But this season he's got (I think) 8 league goals and 9 league assists, and has missed several games for perfectly understandable personal reasons. Extremely good statistics, no doubt, but not the very best. He does a lot of work outside of goals and assists, true, but is it really enough to overshadow the numbers of the two frontrunners?

In my opinion David Silva is the Premier League Player of the Decade. But this particular season, I feel Salah and De Bruyne are more deserving shouts.
David Silva has not put any performances as low as the levels de Bruyne did at Newcastle and Palace or Sarah did at Swansea or United.

He’s 8 or 9/10 every time he steps onto the pitch.

If current sports journalist published opinions on the possible player of the season are taken into account then it will be KDB at around 50%+ of the vote with Silva/Salah on about 20% each and Sane on 10%.
Yes that's right 3 City players in the top 4!

One David Silva
There's only one David Silva

Has never been more appropriate a chant

Up there with King Colin as the best player this club has ever seen

Think he's in with a shout for this. Seems like a fair few of the writers I've read/listened to this season have started to talk about the lack of recognition he's had over his career. That combined with his performances and the exceptional circumstances he's played through could swing it for him.

I'd like to think it would happen for Silva but the Liverpool Love In ™ will float to to the top and Salah will win it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.