David Silva not recognised by PFA members - again

The awards are worthless and based on nothing; see Kyle Walker beating Sergio to YPOTY in 2011/12.

Granted, this season, it's not 'unfair' to omit any of our players imo. Outside of Sterling over Sane for YPOTY.

The awards are worthless and based on nothing; see Kyle Walker beating Sergio to YPOTY in 2011/12.

Granted, this season, it's not 'unfair' to omit any of our players imo. Outside of Sterling over Sane for YPOTY.

That year the omission of Aguero was a disgrace. 2014 I can see why Yaya missed out to Suarez, as good as he was.

This year few complaints. Had a decent season but not enough goals for the position he plays. Still love watching him though.

Ibrahimovic over Silva? Is there any reason why the joint 4th top scorer should be nominated, other than the fact that he plays for the rags?

Even if we take all competitions into account, he's only scored the same number as Aguero despite playing in a much easier European competition and playing 6 more games overall, and even then, he only matches Aguero if we include the goal he scored in the Community Shield. There's absolutely no justification for him being in the running.

If Dele Alli was in the running for POTY ahead of our players, then I wouldn't have a problem. But that big nosed twat has done nothing to merit it and is obviously only in it because of who he plays for. I'm surprised Mane isn't in the running just to make sure there's a Liverpool player too.

Ali has 16 goals and 5 assists, and ranked the 82nd best passer this season, hardly the best midfielder this season, just wanked about because he's english and totenham are media darlings (tbf erickson is the better of the 2 only the goals are causing the wankfest).

The PFA awards are stupid as it's always on who the month of the votes is being raved about and if they have scored a load of goals. rarely a defender might win it, but it's a completely unbalanced award.

That year the omission of Aguero was a disgrace. 2014 I can see why Yaya missed out to Suarez, as good as he was.

This year few complaints. Had a decent season but not enough goals for the position he plays. Still love watching him though.
He's never been a big goalscorer. He pops up with the odd goal, but that's not his game. Saying that he shouldn't be in the running because he didn't score a lot of goals is like saying Iniesta wasn't one of the best players in the world because he never got into double figures.

Ibrahimovic over Silva? Is there any reason why the joint 4th top scorer should be nominated, other than the fact that he plays for the rags?

Even if we take all competitions into account, he's only scored the same number as Aguero despite playing in a much easier European competition and playing 6 more games overall, and even then, he only matches Aguero if we include the goal he scored in the Community Shield. There's absolutely no justification for him being in the running.

If Dele Alli was in the running for POTY ahead of our players, then I wouldn't have a problem. But that big nosed twat has done nothing to merit it and is obviously only in it because of who he plays for. I'm surprised Mane isn't in the running just to make sure there's a Liverpool player too.
If we signed a 35 year old striker who scored 28 goals to date in his first season and he was left out of the nominations... people would woman.

If we signed a 35 year old striker who scored 28 goals to date in his first season and he was left out of the nominations... people would woman.
They might, but if 3 other strikers had scored more, and two other strikers had matched him, they would have no legitimate reason to. He's not resulted in a significant improvement of their league position, has he?

He's never been a big goalscorer. He pops up with the odd goal, but that's not his game. Saying that he shouldn't be in the running because he didn't score a lot of goals is like saying Iniesta wasn't one of the best players in the world because he never got into double figures.

No but it is a factor. You also need to take that up with Pep as he has said the same about him, that he needs to score more goals.

Goals and assists decide matches and he has fallen short this year on both accounts (as have others), consequently so has the team. Still a wonderful player but we needed a bit more from him this year and I can understand why for those reasons he may have been left out.

Last edited:
could not give a shit about the PFA its like the freemasons you have to piss in the pot and toe the line
manchester city could win all 4 competitions score the most goals win the most games and we still get nothing from them. i even think that the other players are taking the piss they come here and shake your hands give you a good build up pat on the back everything but then on the team bus are putting the fingers up and laugh

david silva is the best player in the league by a mile everybody knows it and they even says it in the interviews WHAT A PLAYER but when the awards are given out nothing i even think if manchester city won the world cup we still be on halfway down page 4 on the sports pages

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.