David Silva

AdamManCity

I had to write this post before I went insane scrolling through the gundogan thread which has moved on to discuss whether David is past it. There is no denying he was very poor by his standards this season, and also no denying that his movement was very clearly restricted by an injury, the only thing preventing him from being one of our standout players again this season. Before the injury, however, he looked unstoppable and the best player in the league without a shadow of a doubt. This is a player who joined our club, a club who hadn't won any silverware for 34 years, and after 6 months was already our best player and after 9 an FA cup winner. The next season he stepped it up another level and we won the league and won it again 2 seasons later. I'm not trying to give anyone a history lesson, just showing the impact he has had on our club. So to say that after a poor season he's past it is not only incorrect, it's also increadibly insulting and disrespectful to the best player I have ever seen wear a blue shirt.He may be 30 years old, but he has never relied on pace or strength, and is the sort of player who can contribute right until his mid 30s, if his injury is managed better.Iniesta is the closest player to him around and he still looks as good as ever at 32, running games effortlessly. Another accusation of silva is that he can't play peps system, which is just the most laughable thing I've ever heard. If he is not suited to fast paced possession based football then neither is the great Wilfried bony. Off the ball you can argue he isn't the best at tracking back, but pep likes to press and most of David's defensive work comes from him pressing high up the pitch and doing so has lead to many goals this season. Fortunately, pep is a genius unlike the many people on here claiming he's passed it, and so I look forward to seeing David grace our shirt for seasons to come

Simply the best footballer at the club. His ankle injury needs sorting out once and for all.
Its obvious to me it's affecting his performances. It won't be sorted this summer whilst he's playing for Spain. If it's an injury that won't be sorted his best performances will inevitably decline and we will have seen the best of an exceptional football talent. Lets hope that's not the case and we can get the old David back!

I had to write this post before I went insane scrolling through the gundogan thread which has moved on to discuss whether David is past it. There is no denying he was very poor by his standards this season, and also no denying that his movement was very clearly restricted by an injury, the only thing preventing him from being one of our standout players again this season. Before the injury, however, he looked unstoppable and the best player in the league without a shadow of a doubt. This is a player who joined our club, a club who hadn't won any silverware for 34 years, and after 6 months was already our best player and after 9 an FA cup winner. The next season he stepped it up another level and we won the league and won it again 2 seasons later. I'm not trying to give anyone a history lesson, just showing the impact he has had on our club. So to say that after a poor season he's past it is not only incorrect, it's also increadibly insulting and disrespectful to the best player I have ever seen wear a blue shirt.He may be 30 years old, but he has never relied on pace or strength, and is the sort of player who can contribute right until his mid 30s, if his injury is managed better.Iniesta is the closest player to him around and he still looks as good as ever at 32, running games effortlessly. Another accusation of silva is that he can't play peps system, which is just the most laughable thing I've ever heard. If he is not suited to fast paced possession based football then neither is the great Wilfried bony. Off the ball you can argue he isn't the best at tracking back, but pep likes to press and most of David's defensive work comes from him pressing high up the pitch and doing so has lead to many goals this season. Fortunately, pep is a genius unlike the many people on here claiming he's passed it, and so I look forward to seeing David grace our shirt for seasons to come

Good post mate. Could do with some paragraphs though! ;-)

It's inevitable when we buy newer, younger players that fan's head's get turned and they forget about the players we already have. Those that have followed us closely over the last 5 years know how good he is. If he comes back fit and injury free, I'm convinced if Pep sees in training what he's capable of, he'll build the team around him.

Quite simply the best, most intelligent footballer in the league when he is fit and injury free.

He was untouchable for the first quarter of last season, pretty much until he got that injury on Intl duty. It's just a question of how bad the ankles are and if they're just going to get worse the more he plays.

Still a fantastic player but needs to stay fit and needs to be utilised correctly.I think KDB should be our main 10.

All this talk about him being past it is ridiculous he finished 5th in bpl in assists ! Even with the games he missed ! Only 2 off eriksen in second. Our attacking players suffered cause they only had Kun to supply to and that isnt easy when there are 2 cbs around him. He is actually Spains mainstay right now and that speaks a lot.

Some of the members on here just want players in the same way madrid wants shiny new toys every summer.

He was just as good this season until he got cut down on international duty. But when he came back we had to use him every game we could due to other injuries or lack of form with other players, meaning we played him when not really fit enough to perform at his best.

We relied on him to much without him getting help from other players, with Nasri back plus other players coming in and KDB hopefully not getting cut down again we should see him at his best again and hopefully we will this season have cover so we can rest players who are carrying injuries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.