David Silva

Not a cm for me kdb cannot play every game but I'm expecting a lot of competition for that number 10 spot

I think one of the many failings of the last guy was trying to shoehorn kdb,toure and silva into the same team, I'm hoping toure is mainly benched and kdb and silva scrap it out and rotate

He berates the referee because he gets the shit kicked out of his ankles every single game yet rarely wins a foul. I'm pissed off about that so it's no surprise he is.

They're not excuses. He is targeted in every single game and teams often take turns to clatter him so they don't get a player sent off.

It looks like you are.
Yeah, don't mention the very real injuries he suffers and the kicks he gets every week. That's just making excuses..

The Silva/KDB choice is difficult and it is hard to look past KDB because of his goal output. If both of them were to play I would put David central and Kev wide even though it is not his best position - his delivery of crosses is probably the best in the squad so he would not be wasted there.

In reality there will be so many games that they will both get to play centrally a lot and if anyone can come up with a system that can allow them to play in the same team it is Pep. Silva played so well in the false 9 role when Kun was out that I would almost be tempted to go with that system when Kun needs a rest.

I cannot wait for the season to start - feel like a kid again!

de Bruyne can have one good game then the very next game a bad one, like you say, Silva looks great for months then dips for a month. Players are weird aren't they?
Yeah it is strange other players have good games,bad games but Silva puts a good run of world class performances on then an equally long run of poor games in which he dosnt seem to be droppable .
The only other player I've seen play in such extremes was negrado who I thought was a good a striker as I've ever seen who went on to be useless even after injury and at valencia

The Silva/KDB choice is difficult and it is hard to look past KDB because of his goal output. If both of them were to play I would put David central and Kev wide even though it is not his best position - his delivery of crosses is probably the best in the squad so he would not be wasted there.

In reality there will be so many games that they will both get to play centrally a lot and if anyone can come up with a system that can allow them to play in the same team it is Pep. Silva played so well in the false 9 role when Kun was out that I would almost be tempted to go with that system when Kun needs a rest.

I cannot wait for the season to start - feel like a kid again!

It's going to be interesting for sure, we are not used to a manager willing to make a lot of changes to formation and personel, there will be a lot of head scratching going on

Yeah it is strange other players have good games,bad games but Silva puts a good run of world class performances on then an equally long run of poor games in which he dosnt seem to be droppable .
The only other player I've seen play in such extremes was negrado who I thought was a good a striker as I've ever seen who went on to be useless even after injury and at valencia

I think you're possibly overlooking the 4 seasons where Silva had a 4 season long run of good games?

I think you're possibly overlooking the 4 seasons where Silva had a 4 season long run of good games?
It was a fucking ridiculous point made worse by his comparison to Negredo.
He was poor by his standards last season but you'd think he'd gone all Fernando Torres reading this thread.

It was a fucking ridiculous point made worse by his comparison to Negredo.
He was poor by his standards last season but you'd think he'd gone all Fernando Torres reading this thread.

I was just waiting for the "KDB has to play because he's bigger goal threat" post, any conversation about Silva has that posted within about 5 minutes. The mind boggles, I genuinely think some people either don't watch the games or just don't really understand what is going on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.