David Silva

The important thing is what players do with the ball not just to run about like headless chickens, Messi was never very mobile unless the ball was at his feet.

He needs to work a lot harder off the ball. Not sure if he has the mobility to play in a Pep system.

Yea you're right but de bruyne was also very lazy off the ball last season. I'm not saying that makes it ok cos it doesn't, I'm just hoping it's more down to Pellegrinis diabolical non-management rather than problems with the players. Canary dave definitely wasn't the only one guilty of it put it that way. Hopefully pep will kick their arses as he said and we can enjoy the best of dave again. Easy to forget how good a player he can be

Yea you're right but de bruyne was also very lazy off the ball last season. I'm not saying that makes it ok cos it doesn't, I'm just hoping it's more down to Pellegrinis diabolical non-management rather than problems with the players. Canary dave definitely wasn't the only one guilty of it put it that way. Hopefully pep will kick their arses as he said and we can enjoy the best of dave again. Easy to forget how good a player he can be
Definitely not. It's why our defence looked so shite, no fucker working in front of them.

Oh I agree. I think the only two attackers who put a genuine shift in off the ball were Sterling and Navas. Silva and De Bruyne sauntered far too much when out of possession.

Oh I agree. I think the only two attackers who put a genuine shift in off the ball were Sterling and Navas. Silva and De Bruyne sauntered far too much when out of possession.

I reckon the players will be more likely to put in a genuine shit off the ball if they know that there's an overall defensive plan in place that means that what is being asked of them is achievable.

Often last season we would lose the ball around the opposition penalty area when Silva had drifted in field which meant that realistically the only meaningful contribution that he could make to the defensive effort would be if he could sprint back 60 yards at Bolt pace to help the left back. Opponents knew that by transferring the ball quickly half of our players would be marooned up field. There was no concerted effort to stop the ball from reaching our half. I think players like Silva, Aguero and KDB will be quite happy to harry the opposition if its part of an overall defensive scheme.

Long time reader, first time poster here on bluemoon, anyhow mate of mine works cabin crew and has just taken David to Ibiza along with zabba, think it's a bit strange with the new season mere weeks away!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.