De Bruyne kicking a ball again

This always makes me smile.

Merson: Pedro is probably twice as good as De Bruyne

Posted on August 28, 2015

Sky Sports that Chelsea’s new signing, Pedro, is twice the player of Kevin de Bruyne, potentially Manchester City’s newest signing.

Pedro, 27, became Chelsea’s latest summer signing when he joined the west London club from Barcelona around a week ago. He started against West Bromwich Albion just a couple of days after joining and had an immediate impact, scoring in the 3-2 win to get Chelsea’s first three points on the board.

The 27-year-old had won everything he possibly could, multiple times, with Barcelona. He has even won the World Cup and European Championship with Spain.

Paul Merson believes he’s a much better player than Kevin de Bruyne, who Manchester City are reportedly close to signing

Pedro only cost a small percentage of what De Bruyne is likely to cost Man City if reports this morning are true, and Merson believes Chelsea have clearly got the better of the two deals.

“Pedro looked brilliant, outstanding,” Merson said on Sky Sports. “For £21m he is top, top drawer. When you think of the huge saga over the summer for Kevin De Bruyne between Manchester City and Wolfsburg, Chelsea have got their winger with no fuss, and he’s probably twice as good.”

Brilliant! Has pedro even scored 3 goals?

While it's clear we need to build our attacking team around Kevin, there are two areas of improvement for me:
a) He sees things so well and plays so early - it's such an amazing gift. But I feel he sometimes tries it too early in build-up play, playing instinctive, fast passes out of attack which gift the ball back to the opposition.
b) the rest of the team need to get to know his play better, especially whoever plays up top. He plays so directly and really early, and fairly often there's no one in front of goal to capitalise. For example if Aguero drops deep to link up with KDB, he can't get back into a scoring position by the time KDB has created a chance. I don't know who played up top with Kevin at Wolfsburg, but I can't help thinking he'd provide a lot of goals to a (dare I say it?) Dzeko type player, who offers less in build-up play, but is on hand to knock it in...

First time I have had the fortune to watch him in the flesh last night and he is even more impressive watching his movement off the ball more closely

Love it when you see him running in the opposite direction to everybody else on the pitch and then pick up the ball twenty seconds later in space and with time
Thats our Kev.one of the best players on the planet.

aLJMNCwi_normal.jpg
Manchester City FC

‎@MCFC

Congrats to @DeBruyneKev on his @ChampionsLeague POWT nomination!

Vote here: http://manc.it/1S3yRZ7 #mcfc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.