De Bruyne kicking a ball again

This always makes me smile.

Merson: Pedro is probably twice as good as De Bruyne

Posted on August 28, 2015

Sky Sports that Chelsea’s new signing, Pedro, is twice the player of Kevin de Bruyne, potentially Manchester City’s newest signing.

Pedro, 27, became Chelsea’s latest summer signing when he joined the west London club from Barcelona around a week ago. He started against West Bromwich Albion just a couple of days after joining and had an immediate impact, scoring in the 3-2 win to get Chelsea’s first three points on the board.

The 27-year-old had won everything he possibly could, multiple times, with Barcelona. He has even won the World Cup and European Championship with Spain.

Paul Merson believes he’s a much better player than Kevin de Bruyne, who Manchester City are reportedly close to signing

Pedro only cost a small percentage of what De Bruyne is likely to cost Man City if reports this morning are true, and Merson believes Chelsea have clearly got the better of the two deals.

“Pedro looked brilliant, outstanding,” Merson said on Sky Sports. “For £21m he is top, top drawer. When you think of the huge saga over the summer for Kevin De Bruyne between Manchester City and Wolfsburg, Chelsea have got their winger with no fuss, and he’s probably twice as good.”

2185.jpg

throw-our-heads-back-in-laughter.gif

It's crazy but not too long ago KDB was a flat-track bully that couldn't step up in big games. Interesting how things have changed in that regard.

I can't help thinking he'd provide a lot of goals to a (dare I say it?) Dzeko type player, who offers less in build-up play, but is on hand to knock it in...
So true. If City had a real striker, a finisher like Dzeko or the best example from the last 15 years - Ruud van Nistelrooy -, De Bruyne would be even more dangerous. Someone who is always there in front of goal, running towards the first post and outsmarting defenders.

So true. If City had a real striker, a finisher like Dzeko or the best example from the last 15 years - Ruud van Nistelrooy -, De Bruyne would be even more dangerous. Someone who is always there in front of goal, running towards the first post and outsmarting defenders.
Aye,if only we had a real striker......

As I have said since KDB joined he is the template of what we need in our team. And like they said on the tellybox last night, there are no flaws in him! But the biggest plus in my books is his passion, from day 1, for playing for his club.

Scandalous that the media have ignored the talent he brings to the prem. he literally should be the player of the season

what if KDB does not hit it of with Pep ???

don't get me wrong he is world class and could be up there with the Messi and Ronaldo in terms of the main man at there football clubs. but pep is a task master and could be working on something else and some other world class player to build a team around and with barca much of the game was all about messi just get the ball to him fast as you can. could KDB be the key YES but pep only knows what going to happen in the summer

I said a couple of weeks ago some big names will leave this summer and I mean legends at the club they just don't fit into the style of pep. and in like mancini a lot of hard work is done in training and everybody knows who's the boss and you must work hard in training you would be a fool to take on pep over something in the camp. unlike pellegrini the laid back style of the management of the players giving them really a free role and a chance to talk back to the manager and give there view of how things are done there way

so KDB yes a great talent and world class but a couple of questions about his time at Chelsea under jose / a task master / a ruler / a dictator / all the things said about jose mourinho and maybe KDB was to young to handle it. but this summer pep will be the boss and if the players don't pull there fingers out and they have a season like this season you think pep will just let it happen. I don't think pep will let it happen pre-season never mind a full season
Not going to happen. KDB is world class. His vision and anticipation are exemplary. A wonderfull footballer. Well done City for buying him. Thanks Maureenio for not getting your eyesight checked ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.