De Bruyne's assist to Aguëro v Palace

Not sure about this particular pass and KDB's role in it but these simple tap-ins are always my favourite goals. I know there's something exciting about a 25 yard drive that screams into the roof of the net and such goals will always win "Goal of the Month", but there's something beautifully poetic about a quick, intricate passing move involving several of our players and culminating in an open goal. If there's a defender being left floundering and flat on his arse, that's the icing on the cake for me. It's like bullfighting without the cruelty.
Exactly! That's what football is about.

I still can't get over his headed "assist" for Aguero away at Watford. It didn't actually lead to a goal, but it's an incredible bit of skill regardless.

Woah, that really is top-notch.

Indeed. Lost count of the number of WTF passes he's made this season. There's going to come a point where him + Kun's pace and running are going to become impossible to defend against.

I'd add Raheem to this as well, I've often been of the mindset that the real top quality always shine no matter the team or system. With the signings we made this summer we've added players with such a large scope of potential improvement, they can be as good as anything out there.

De Bruyne has been exceptional for me, and if the season ended right now his statistics would still look remarkable.

It's a good assist and a great team goal but Jesus Christ give it a rest. You'd expect anybody in the league to be capable of making that pass. Ginger Kev is a top top player but some on here don't half like to overhype everything he does.

It's a good assist and a great team goal but Jesus Christ give it a rest. You'd expect anybody in the league to be capable of making that pass. Ginger Kev is a top top player but some on here don't half like to overhype everything he does.

Thankfully you're here to put a dampener on it all.

"You'd expect anybody in the league to be capable of making that pass". Maybe a sign of your expectations being way too high? Or just a sign of you being way too high?

Edit: apologies and agreed.

Last edited:
Thankfully you're here to put a dampener on it all.

"You'd expect anybody in the league to be capable of making that pass". Maybe a sign of your expectations being way too high? Or just a sign of you being way too high?

Ah come on, if he doesn't get that ball to Sergio given all the time and space he has then there's something wrong.

Sometimes I think we may all be a tad guilty of over complicating this game of stuck the ball in the net.

For me the thing that made this goal was the fact that the defence shat themselves when Yaya receives the ball on the edge of the area, drawing three defenders to him, a couple of passes later and it's a tap in.

Of course Silva had to make the tackle etc but watch them get attracted to Yaya

For me KDB is one of the most gifted players we have, his vision and awareness are superb. He reminds me of a much better Marc Overmars, but I think he will grow into midfield Gerrard role

KDB is still sucking in a lot of games. Pelle should rotate him more and give him some rest. I would play him, fully rested, in the champions league.
If you get first or second, third in the premier league ... who gives a fuck, it's the champions league that you want to win as a player.
KDB has not "sucked" in a lot of games. His play style is different than Silva and Nasri in that he is always looking for the killer ball -- sometimes it pans out, sometimes it doesn't. That doesn't automatically mean he's playing poorly if his incisive passes aren't connecting. You don't average nearly 4 key passes a game by sucking "in a lot of games." In nearly every game where he's "sucked", I can guarantee he created at least one "big chance" regardless of whether it was finished.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.