Decision time for our owners

hilts

This might sound a bit left field but if hughes said to our owners " listen let me get rid of robinho, richards johnson etc.. i dont like their work rate attitude etc..." and let me do it my way with my signings would you you roll with it or not? Or would you sack him and get a big name manager and go the fantasy football route? serious discussion please because that is the option come the summer.

Not really a serious discussion, as it's a totally hypothetical situation. Hughes has never suggested he wants rid of the players you mention. It's blatantly not the situation this summer, despite what you say.

hilts said:
This might sound a bit left field but if hughes said to our owners " listen let me get rid of robinho, richards johnson etc.. i dont like their work rate attitude etc..." and let me do it my way with my signings would you you roll with it or not? Or would you sack him and get a big name manager and go the fantasy football route? serious discussion please because that is the option come the summer.
you are making some pretty ridicules assumptions in your hypothetical situation about Hughes' relationship with Robbie and Micah (and I assume Johnno, though that is more difficult to tell). What gives you the impression he feels this way about them? They both start almost every game.
**edit - damn, Ric you beat me to the punch**

I disagree totally we played well last night and should keep the same team but does hughes have the authority if robinho is fit next game to put him on the bench? would the arabs be happy to back the manager to the hilt if a 32 million player saw his arse? it will come down to backing the manager or going down the kaka fantasy league football route

hilts said:
I disagree totally we played well last night and should keep the same team but does hughes have the authority if robinho is fit next game to put him on the bench? would the arabs be happy to back the manager to the hilt if a 32 million player saw his arse? it will come down to backing the manager or going down the kaka fantasy league football route

You disagree totally with what?!

Does Hughes have the authority to leave Robinho out next game? I like to think so, but then I'd still have him in my starting XI.

If he plays or doesn't play I don't think it's indicative of the relationship between Hughes and the owners. Maybe I'm being naive.

answer the question honestly your the manager no pressure do you pick robinho next match or not? on merit, not reputation, politics, media hassle etc...

Well, that was never really the question in your original post, but here goes.

Yes, I would pick him.

hilts said:
answer the question honestly your the manager no pressure do you pick robinho next match or not? on merit, not reputation, politics, media hassle etc...
yes I would pick Robinho, but I think I would drop Ireland and give Elano a second run in the central attacking midfield position. He did very well in that position and looked quality. What team would you select?
Or better yet, do you really believe that Hughes does not have the authority to select his own team? Moreover, if you do believe that what gives you that indication?

okay fair enough but tell me how you would tell elano, ireland swp or any of the other of the midfield why they are dropped? is it because they didnt play well or because you didnt have the balls to drop a big name player with a huge reputation who hasnt been performing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.