Decisions leading to a Penalty

law74

(If there is already a thread on this please merge).
Is anyone else fed up with the "experts" continually saying that if penalties are going to be given for incidents like the two in our game yesterday then "every corner will result in a penalty" or "if we are going to give that, we will have 10 penalties a game"?
No we won't.
Defenders will just have to learn not to hold, pull or push attackers, and in a week or two they will have stopped breaking the laws of the game.

About time they sorted out this shirt pulling shit,remember a game a few year ago against the mickeys skirtel pulling vinnys shirt on every corner we could of had 3 or 4 penalties that game about time.

Is anyone else fed up with the "experts" continually saying that if penalties are going to be given for incidents like the two in our game yesterday then "every corner will result in a penalty" or "if we are going to give that, we will have 10 penalties a game"?
No we won't.
Defenders will just have to learn not to hold, pull or push attackers, and in a week or two they will have stopped breaking the laws of the game.

I noticed that yesterday too.

As you say, it will only take a couple of games and holding, pushing and pulling at corners and free-kicks will stop.

Providing referees and their assistants show consistency.

Can't see this making any difference - the bent referees will just ignore the rule for certain teams , same as ever.

I think its a good thin- the likes of Skirtel and Shawcross and Huth are awful defenders - just good at blocking, pushing and shirtpulling. Best way to stop it is penalties and cards. Any defender that doesn't learn will be dropped and probably sold by their frustrated coach

I noticed that yesterday too.

As you say, it will only take a couple of games and holding, pushing and pulling at corners and free-kicks will stop.

Providing referees and their assistants show consistency.

That is the crux of the problem. Inconsistency or flagrantly ignoring the offences will render the change worthless. Let's see how many times the Rags are pulled up for it - Smalling especially.

Glad it's happening but I can't believe out of every game played this weekend only ours had players tussling at corners?
I might be wrong but I don't think any other penalties were awarded in any other games were they?
Unless only Mike Dean got the memo.

How about that other new ruling where you get a penalty for tripping over your own leg? Does it have to be intentional to be given?

Glad it's happening but I can't believe out of every game played this weekend only ours had players tussling at corners?
I might be wrong but I don't think any other penalties were awarded in any other games were they?
Unless only Mike Dean got the memo.

Thought the rule came in at the start of the season. Plenty last week.
Especially the Michael Keane one, for Burnley. Refs just have to say they didn't see it,
as eye line was blocked. Don't think this will be as consistent as most media/pundits
seem to think. Mr Dean might see it as his personal crusade, but will others follow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.