Decisions leading to a Penalty

He just text me back, the info is from Mark Halsey who is the go to ref at Bein sport mate and it definitely wasn't a penalty apparently so that **** at Sky was talking out of his arse about a new directive with regards to looking at the ball.

@malg @franksinatra
Cheers. I've just read the post above explaining Mark Halseys view. It makes sense to me. It was a fucking ridiculous penalty but I gave it the benefit of the doubt after listening to the 'experts' say that anyone not looking at the player would be deemed as an offence.

I should have known better tbf.

Cheers. I've just read the post above explaining Mark Halseys view. It makes sense to me. It was a fucking ridiculous penalty but I gave it the benefit of the doubt after listening to the 'experts' say that anyone not looking at the player would be deemed as an offence.

I should have known better tbf.
I don't trust sky as far as I could spit 'em.

He just text me back, the info is from Mark Halsey who is the go to ref at Bein sport mate and it definitely wasn't a penalty apparently so that **** at Sky was talking out of his arse about a new directive with regards to looking at the ball.

@malg @franksinatra
Right. Hopefully Sky, on the next Matchday, will say:

'We apologise for misleading our viewers. Niall Quinn is a dirty lying **** and will no longer be allowed in the studio.'

Right. Hopefully Sky, on the next Matchday, will say:

'We apologise for misleading our viewers. Niall Quinn is a dirty lying **** and will no longer be allowed in the studio.'
Refs are clamping down on wrestling in the box. There's nothing specific about looking in the direction of the ball.

I didn't watch sky so have no idea which **** said it there was, but it was indeed bollocks. It was entirely invented according to Halsey.

Refs are clamping down on wrestling in the box. There's nothing specific about looking in the direction of the ball.

I didn't watch sky so have no idea which **** said it there was, but it was indeed bollocks. It was entirely invented according to Halsey.
Quinn said it. Actually the ref indicated that he gave it because Sterling wasn't watching the ball, so Quinn might actually believe it given what the ref done. Maybe the ref has misinterpreted the new regs?

We always seem to be the fall guys with new laws.
Remember the fast track suspension initiative they came up with and the witch hunt immediately with adebayor. Then the rags getting the winner in the 7th minute of 4 minutes injury time against us, and all the worlds media taking time to explain to us the 3 minutes from no where was justified. Can you recall either being used since?
Now this, but being honest we got away with the Kolorov one in the 1st half so evens itself out but worrying how inconsistent refs are with it.

Quinn said it. Actually the ref indicated that he gave it because Sterling wasn't watching the ball, so Quinn might actually believe it given what the ref done. Maybe the ref has misinterpreted the new regs?

In all fairness he could have just been saying you couldn't be making an attempt to play the ball if your not looking at it. Which in my opinion is a foul all day long.

What's the difference in the laws between obstruction in the box and not looking at the ball and blocking a forward

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.