Decorating, Filler and Plastering

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot

So planning on doing some redecorating which will involved removing a number of plug sockets my old man decided to install a number of years ago (god rest his soul), there will most likely be a lot of holes in the brick work and also I need to hide the ring circuit (into the brick work) in 2 rooms that my old man also did (he wasn't the best DIYer), as the ring circuit protrudes from the wall rather than sit in, and it1 looks very messy.

I was wondering what would be the best, or most suitable thing to use to fill the gaps of the removed plug sockets and to fill over the ring circuits? There are holes in the wall my dad made years ago (from shelving and that) which he refilled with polyfilla or mortar and it just looks shit and tacky.

Also another question regarding plastering, which would people regard as better, wet plaster or dry lining?
My dad paid for the bathroom to be done and had it done dry lining with cladding over the top, its supposedly meant to be cheaper, but I was told there's not really much difference in cost?
It looks shit when you see the process, but apparently plasters prefer it because its easier to do and doesn't get hairline cracks either?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.