Deep Purple Mk 2 documentary.

ColinBellsjockstrap

Just spent a very enjoyable hour watching this. Goes into great detail about the fire at Montreux and the making of arguably the finest live rock album ever made "Made in Japan".

The way Roger Glover was treated was disgraceful.

Highly recommended.

Just spent a very enjoyable hour watching this. Goes into great detail about the fire at Montreux and the making of arguably the finest live rock album ever made "Made in Japan".

Highly recommended.

He almost killed Ritchie Blackmore with an axe. But you know what? There are probably many people who have wanted to do the same.

Last edited:

Highly recommended.

Hadn't seen that before so thank you for posting.

Made in Japan is an astonishingly good live album. Everyone is great on it but Blackmore was simply the best guitarist on the planet at that point.

Hadn't seen that before so thank you for posting.

Made in Japan is an astonishingly good live album. Everyone is great on it but Blackmore was simply the best guitarist on the planet at that point.

he was pretty close to it at a few other points too. His hunger when he first set up Rainbow was intense; those first 3 or so years with Dio he was full on

he was pretty close to it at a few other points too. His hunger when he first set up Rainbow was intense; those first 3 or so years with Dio he was full on

True.

The gigs I saw him do with Dio and also Bonnet were superb. I went to five gigs on the tour with Bonnet, most I've done on one band's tour.

I saw Deep Purple Mk 3 with Hughes and Coverdale at Belle Vue, Manchester in 1974, the year after Gillan and Glover left Mk 2

They were supported by "Elf", who's lead singer was a certain Ronnie James Dio.

Ritchie Blackmore must have been impressed with Dio.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.