Def Leppard Tour Hysteria Album

funny, was talking about them lately. i d like to see them even though i m not a fan.

warmed to them late on- after the story of the drummer became so inspiring, the band are alright and won many hearts in the emerald isle.

I would go just for Cheap Trick. Legends they are. Not a fan of Def Leppard.

dreacheap-trick-dream-police-big.jpg

Last edited:
No fan meself, but know they were popular with this album. Playing it in full ('and more')

Hate arena gigs, but will go along purely for the support band ..... Cheap Trick.

https://demonszone.com/2018/01/19/def-leppard-tour-hysteria-uk-tour-cheap-trick/

I wouldn't call myself a huge fan of the Leps. In fact, when they first emerged, I tried hard not to like them but eventually wilted in the face of Hysteria, which really is a quite brilliant slice of pop metal. and was part of the soundtrack to a secondment I did in Nashville back in 1987.

I do own most of their albums and have seen them numerous times in concert (supporting and headlining); although I don't rate them as an especially good live act but they have improved over the years. Once saw them support Ozzy Osbourne in a field in New England in 1981 when on holiday in U.S.

I've cut right back on gig going but one of my daughters seems to like Def Leppard and Cheap Trick supporting is a major bonus so I may well try and get tickets for one of the shows.

Have I told you about the time I help push Phil Collen's broken down Morris up Charing Cross Road? That was when he was still in Girl.

I saw them a couple of years back with Tesla and Styx. Styx were great, Def Leppard not so, the lead guitarist had his shirt off and was oiled up.....maybe 20 years ago it would have worked but it was pretty sad.

Have I told you about the time I help push Phil Collen's broken down Morris up Charing Cross Road? That was when he was still in Girl.

Lol ... happy daze .... I was a huge fan of Girl. In fact, went to see Cheap Trick play at the Vicar Street venue in Dublin back about 2001 .... Joe Elliott stood next to me at the bar, we got chatting about CT, and let him know I would never forgive him for causing the demise of Girl ...

I recall seeing Def Leppard play at UMIST .... wasn't impressed then, and barring about five or so songs, never have been since. I find Elliott's voice too weak and screechy, in fact I far prefer him in his side band Down n' Outz, where his voice is far better suited to the Mott/Hunter songs they cover.

On a tangent, also remember Iron Maiden playing UMIST, with Saxon and the criminally underrated Nutz .... bonus point if you can name what Nutz singer Dave Lloyd's claim to fame was?

Lol ... happy daze .... I was a huge fan of Girl. In fact, went to see Cheap Trick play at the Vicar Street venue in Dublin back about 2001 .... Joe Elliott stood next to me at the bar, we got chatting about CT, and let him know I would never forgive him for causing the demise of Girl ...

I recall seeing Def Leppard play at UMIST .... wasn't impressed then, and barring about five or so songs, never have been since. I find Elliott's voice too weak and screechy, in fact I far prefer him in his side band Down n' Outz, where his voice is far better suited to the Mott/Hunter songs they cover.

On a tangent, also remember Iron Maiden playing UMIST, with Saxon and the criminally underrated Nutz .... bonus point if you can name what Nutz singer Dave Lloyd's claim to fame was?

Me and the boys were big Girl fans. Had a spell where they always seemed to be playing somewhere not to difficult to get to of a Saturday night so we saw them several times doing club gigs. Phil Lewis definitely got to recognising us. Talking of Phil, we had backstage passes to Kiss' UK tour in 1980 when Girl supported and we were chatting to Mr Lewis at the first of two night sat Wembley. Phil had a cold and was telling us how much Benilyn he had ingested and how sleepy it was making him. Anyway, next day Girl pulled out of the show due to said cold. Gene Simmons was less than impressed, being very firmly of the view that the show must always go on. Anyhoo, if all four of my best friends band had been present, they would have got to take on the support slot that night but, unfortunately, the lead guitarist was at home in the Lake District :(

Joe's voice isn't the strongest and was always their biggest problem live: Mutt worked wonders on it in the studio.

I feel as though I ought to know Dave Lloyd's claim to fame but I'll have to forgo the bonus point.

Saw them a few years ago doing a joint headlining tour with motley crue. They were shite

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.