Defence conundrum

I don't think we have the players for three at the back right now. Sagna must start, and I think we need another CB because Kompany just isn't happening.

Bravo
Sagna Otamendi Stones Kolarov

I think it's so important that we have a consistent back four. This is our best bet IMO because frankly Clichy has been appalling this season.

The only one of that 4 who hasn't been appalling defensively on a number of occasions is Sagna.

And he's been injured.

Van Dijk is a no-brainer if it's true he has a £25mil release clause in his new deal.

Because we brought Pep in, to be Pep.

If he spends this season patching up holes rather than making the team play like Pep, we won't wn anything anyway, because that's not what he is good at.

So then we start next season, from the same position we started this one.

I'm not for one moment suggesting Pep should abandon all his principles, of course not.

Merely a tad of pragmatism, given the inadequacies of some of our players. It's not using pretending to be something we are not. So yes by all means we should try and play "the Pep way", but shouldn't we just be *bit* mindful that we're leaking stupid goals time and time again?

The only one of that 4 who hasn't been appalling defensively on a number of occasions is Sagna.

And he's been injured.

Maybe, but who else do we have? Kompany is never not injured, Adarbioyo doesn't seem ready, and Clichy's been worse than the lot. Denayer going out on loan wasn't the best idea in my opinion.

I'd be tempted to play Sagna at CB but then again, I don't much want to see any more defensive mistakes from Zabaleta.

Maybe, but who else do we have? Kompany is never not injured, Adarbioyo doesn't seem ready, and Clichy's been worse than the lot. Denayer going out on loan wasn't the best idea in my opinion.

I'd be tempted to play Sagna at CB but then again, I don't much want to see any more defensive mistakes from Zabaleta.

I'm not disagreeing with the selection, I'm just saying it's swings & roundabouts.

Van Dijk is nowhere near a flawless defender. I would sign him but he could be just as sht as the others. It's another gamble.
As a January signing it's the best you'll get, and to be fair I've always thought he was excellent when I've seen him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.