Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Tielmans would be one for the free 8 role, I would try to get him for this position

Casemiro is a good shout but could we praise him from Madrid ?

Don't think so, Casemiro is Zidane's favorite and he's been really good for them so far.

Casemiro doesn't have that Busquet/Alonso passing touch.
Appreciate that you like to play fantasy football but you single handedly ruin every thread on here with your opinions that you have obviously gleaned through trawling the internet rather than watching actual football

Give it a rest

Nah, he's not that type of player , not how he plays for Monaco anyway...perhaps he could be coached

The other thing with Fabinho is that it's not often you go and take two players out of another team in one window

If we are in for Mendy they aren't going to let us take Fabinho at the same time ? Much less if we also go for Mbappe
My point is that he doesn't need to have Weigl's level of ability on the ball. Well at least if we sign him I cannot be too arsed about him developing deep playmaking skills. Its a nice to have but not a necessity. I am more concerned about the more conventional DM functions and if he'd improve us in that respect, I am game

My point is that he doesn't need to have Weigl's level of ability on the ball. Well at least if we sign him I cannot be too arsed about him developing deep playmaking skills. Its a nice to have but not a necessity. I am more concerned about the more conventional DM functions and if he'd improve us in that respect, I am game
He's definitely mobile enough , I guess Fernandinho wasn't considered an out and out DM when we signed him

You mention Weigl, now he is the one we should be going for ...

He's definitely mobile enough , I guess Fernandinho wasn't considered an out and out DM when we signed him

You mention Weigl, now he is the one we should be going for ...
Yes mobility is so crucial to a DM in the premiership and that's one of the points of weakness in Fernando's game. I only alluded to Weigl when i talked about deep playing ability which is something that Pep favours. Simply put, I'll welcome a DM into the side who doesn't necessarily play the style that Pep favours (i.e. that sort of player that'd you'd often see controlling the game from deep with crisp and intelligent passing) so long as he excels in protecting the back four making use of tacking, excellent reading of the game, decent work rate, speed and mobility, etc whilst making key contributions to our attacking play. And of course being a big physical unit and also putting same to use in bullying opposition players would be an added advantage. I'm not suggesting we sign Weigl. Read my posts again.

To play devils advocate here, what do you think would happen if we offered Chelsea £80 million for Kante?

Is there anyone who wouldn't want him, and why?

We have the funds, do we have the ambition and arrogance?

Chelsea took Liverpool's then star man in Torres, and in the 90s the rags regularly took the best player from rival teams. Could we try it. Despite this season's results I still believe we are a bigger club than Chelsea, but to beat them we need to get better players after they've recently done very well in the transfer market. Taking one of their best would be a terrific statement of intent that we mean business.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.