Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

I'm aware that destroyer isn't an option. I was just saying that I've got an affinity for them as entertainment. What about the Pereria guy from porto? He seems like he could have a mixture of both in him.
You mean Danilo Pereira?

I don't see much difference, to be honest.

Edit: Fernando looks so f*cking good on youtube :D

@domalino judging by reports City are scouting Dendoncker, Weigl, Milinkovic-Savic and Pellegrini as options for pivot position. Though it's never easy to distinguish genuine leaks, agents' tricks and journos' BS.

Haven't seen a ton of Pellegrini but just like many of our signings of the last couple summers those are all young midfielders that could be with us for quite a while. Love the approach the club is taking now in regards to building this team for the long haul.

i've read in redcafe that Fernandinho is the one who connected the team together.
his athleticism is the key for this. so this attribute are vital for any future City DM in the future.

Are we going for Yaya/Weigl/Savic/Jorginho type technician or more tenacious Fernandinho/Fabinho type of player next year? The question is still open. With each game it becomes clearer that Pep is building a team more resembling his Bayern and Enrique's Barca, than his Barcelona and Sarri's Napoli. Good in possession, but not to the extremes, more focused on fast vertical transitions after build-up from deep. That's the way we defeated Pool, Shakhtar and Napoli - the latter two are better in possession in 'high' areas than City, still we've turned it into our advantage.

I was sure that 1-st type is the answer, but Dinho shows that both types can work if integrated well (my MOTM vs Napoli). Now the rumours on Emre Can have surfaced.
Wonder if Guardiola has already made up his mind about it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.